Forum: Ruby-Gnome 2 GStreamer and GLib::MainLoop

D3c28010c86a4d142357af97a8d420ff?d=identicon&s=25 Marcin Lewandowski (Guest)

I am building a system for audio processing. Web UI is based on Ruby on
Rails, so I am considering using Ruby/GStreamer to build audio
processing
part - it will greatly integrate with rest of the software.

Unfortunately, documentation at project's website seems to be outdated.

The very first problem that I've encountered is that Gst::Pipeline has
no
iterate method, as it is used at
http://ruby-gnome2.sourceforge.jp/hiki.cgi?tut-gst... Even
documentation in the hiki doesn't show any method like that.

I tried to switch to GLib's mainloop, by adding following code at the
end
of sample mentioned above:

(...)

# add objects to the main pipeline
pipeline.add(filesrc, decoder, audiosink)

# link elements
filesrc >> decoder >> audiosink

# start playing
pipeline.play

mainloop = GLib::MainLoop.new
mainloop.run

but unfortunately, GStreamer plays nothing.

So what is the correct way to play simple stream? I don't want to use
Gtk.main.

Thanks in advance.

PS. If anyone would give me access to the hiki I can update
Ruby/GStreamer
documentation during my work.

m.

2008/10/19 Marcin Lewandowski <www@saepia.net>:

> Gtk.main.
Did you see the example?
  http://ruby-gnome2.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/ruby...

> PS. If anyone would give me access to the hiki I can update Ruby/GStreamer
> documentation during my work.

Great!
I'll send you an account for the Hiki.

kou