Forum: GNU Radio ImportError: libgnuradio-core.so.0

6c04ab92c528bf4d91511b1cbcc0314a?d=identicon&s=25 ML (Guest)
Hi there...

I have this error appear when I try to run any examples:

Traceback (most recent call last):

                File "./dial_tone.py", line 23, in <module>

                                from gnuradio import gr

                File
"/usr/local/lib/python2.5/site-packages/gnuradio/gr/__init__.py", line
43,
in <module>

                                from gnuradio_swig_python import *

                File
"/usr/local/lib/python2.5/site-packages/gnuradio/gr/gnuradio_swig_python.py"
, line 23, in <module>

                                from gnuradio_swig_py_runtime import *

                File
"/usr/local/lib/python2.5/site-packages/gnuradio/gr/gnuradio_swig_py_runtime
.py", line 6, in <module>

                                import _gnuradio_swig_py_runtime

ImportError: libgnuradio-core.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No
such
file or directory

Same error if I try to import gnuradio.gr from within Python.

My Linux distro is openSUSE 11.0 and I downloaded gnuradio using svn.
The
parts not set up by ./configure are audio-osx, audio-windows,
audio-jack,
audio-portaudio and comedi. Make and make check are error-free.

The files do exist... at /usr/local/lib/ and
/home/me/gnuradio/gnuradio-core/src/lib/.libs/

I had a look through some earlier threads regarding this problem and
tried
'sudo ldconfig', but I get "command not found".

Can anyone help me with this? I'm getting better with Linux, but still
need
'baby step' instructions.

Matt
063614dd3613cfd90b6c86b951fcf2a4?d=identicon&s=25 Karthik Vijayraghavan (Guest)
On Fri, Oct 17, 2008 at 9:07 PM, ML <crazynzkid@clear.net.nz> wrote:
>                 File "./dial_tone.py", line 23, in <module>
> "/usr/local/lib/python2.5/site-packages/gnuradio/gr/gnuradio_swig_python.py",
> ImportError: libgnuradio-core.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such
> audio-portaudio and comedi. Make and make check are error-free.
>

> Can anyone help me with this? I'm getting better with Linux, but still need
> 'baby step' instructions.
>

> Matt

check for the file /sbin/ldconfig. You need to run it as root or
administrator. It is possible that OpenSUSE doesn't install the sudo
package by default which may be why you are getting the command not
found error.

Karthik
287db267f16cb26430934ea36168e6b3?d=identicon&s=25 Mattias Kjellsson (Guest)
ML wrote:

>                 File
>
> The parts not set up by ./configure are audio-osx, audio-windows,
> I had a look through some earlier threads regarding this problem and
> tried ‘sudo ldconfig’, but I get “command not found”.

Are you sure that the location of sbin is in your path. It usually is,
but just to be on the safe side, try specifying the path to ldconfig as
well.

In my chase that is:
$ which ldconfig
    /sbin/ldconfig
$/sbin/ldconfig

Otherwise it may be sudo that is not recognized, then try:

$su root
PASSWORD FOR ROOT-USER
$which ldconfig
    /sbin/ldconfig