Forum: Ruby on Rails SOAP4R connection to a secured link(https)

98160cffcbc41235e608be4afebfe4a1?d=identicon&s=25 Pallavi Gawas (g_pallavi1)
on 2008-10-17 12:03
Hi

 I have been trying to connect to a secured link(https) which is
pointing to a wsdl file. I am using SOAP4R for this. But it is giving me
an exception which says " hostname was not match with the server
certificate". I really cant figure out what is the problem. Would like
to know how to go about with the connection to the server also. Any help
would be appreciated

Thanks and Regards,
Pallavi
On Fri, Oct 17, 2008 at 3:03 AM, Pallavi Gawas
<rails-mailing-list@andreas-s.net> wrote:

>  I have been trying to connect to a secured link(https) which is
> pointing to a wsdl file. I am using SOAP4R for this. But it is giving me
> an exception which says " hostname was not match with the server
> certificate". I really cant figure out what is the problem.

The error message seems pretty straightforward to me. :-)

Have you tried accessing the URL with a browser to see if you get
alerted to a name conflict?

98160cffcbc41235e608be4afebfe4a1?d=identicon&s=25 Pallavi Gawas (g_pallavi1)
on 2008-10-18 09:24
Hassan Schroeder wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 17, 2008 at 3:03 AM, Pallavi Gawas
>
>>  I have been trying to connect to a secured link(https) which is
>> pointing to a wsdl file. I am using SOAP4R for this. But it is giving me
>> an exception which says " hostname was not match with the server
>> certificate". I really cant figure out what is the problem.
>
> The error message seems pretty straightforward to me. :-)
>
> Have you tried accessing the URL with a browser to see if you get
> alerted to a name conflict?
>
> --

Yes I have tried accessing the URL with a browser and it gives me
website's security certificate error. What to do in this case? Actually
I am a newbie to ruby on rails so dont know much how to go about things.
On Sat, Oct 18, 2008 at 12:24 AM, Pallavi Gawas
<rails-mailing-list@andreas-s.net> wrote:

>>>  I have been trying to connect to a secured link(https) which is
>>> pointing to a wsdl file. I am using SOAP4R for this. But it is giving me
>>> an exception which says " hostname was not match with the server
>>> certificate". I really cant figure out what is the problem.

> Yes I have tried accessing the URL with a browser and it gives me
> website's security certificate error. What to do in this case? Actually
> I am a newbie to ruby on rails so dont know much how to go about things.

The options I can see are:

1) get the site to fix the problem with the cert,
2) access the site using the name on the cert,
3) rescue the exception being thrown and ignore it :-)

HTH!
98160cffcbc41235e608be4afebfe4a1?d=identicon&s=25 Pallavi Gawas (g_pallavi1)
on 2008-10-23 15:01
Hassan Schroeder wrote:
> On Sat, Oct 18, 2008 at 12:24 AM, Pallavi Gawas

>> Yes I have tried accessing the URL with a browser and it gives me
>> website's security certificate error. What to do in this case? Actually
>> I am a newbie to ruby on rails so dont know much how to go about things.
>
> The options I can see are:
>
> 1) get the site to fix the problem with the cert,
> 2) access the site using the name on the cert,
> 3) rescue the exception being thrown and ignore it :-)
>
> HTH!
> --

Actually the problem I was facing got solved.The was I was connecting
was correct. Probably there was some issue with the certificate of the
URL that I was trying to connect to.I connected to another url now from
which I can access the methods .Thanks alot for the help. :-)

Regards,
Pallavi