Forum: Ruby Where does merb store the files for a new app?

461778b4a863c86afe52dfc8787685de?d=identicon&s=25 Ralph Wood (esmero)
on 2008-10-17 07:34
I intended to follow this tutorial:
http://depixelate.com/2007/5/31/taking-merb-for-a-spin -- but then I
created the app with $ merb -g invoice_tracker, and now its folder
structure is nowhere to be found.

I was at ~ and I figure it should be there, but it isn't. I looked all
over /usr and other folders I could think of and nothing. Spotlight also
can't seem to find it. I give up.

Any ideas?
9d1f5d2d9de70bd9a934f557dc95a406?d=identicon&s=25 Daniel ----- (liquid)
On Fri, Oct 17, 2008 at 4:33 PM, Ralph Wood <esmero@gmail.com> wrote:

> --

Hey Ralph,

That is a way old tutorial right there.  To generate an application
under
the new merb rc1 you use

merb-gen app my_app

This will generate the my_app directory structure with all the right
things
in it.  including datamapper.  Don't forget to auto_migrate your
database to
get going with

rake db:automigrate

Cheers
461778b4a863c86afe52dfc8787685de?d=identicon&s=25 Ralph Wood (esmero)
on 2008-10-17 12:25
> Hey Ralph,
>
> That is a way old tutorial right there.

You're right. Couldn't follow through it. Actually, I couldn't follow
through any tutorial I've found online so far. Always got stuck in some
seemingly irrelevant detail like that. Looks like they're all outdated.

Your help was spot-on, though. Thanks.