Forum: JRuby Install native extension

7aefa1da8c1574160869cb9d50e64cde?d=identicon&s=25 Marcin Piórkowski (Guest)
Hi everyone,

I am new in JRuby. Sorry for my mistake but I want some advice. Is there
any
possible way to install native extensions in JRuby? Last time I had
tried to
install ruby numerical library called 'rnum'. When I execute 'ruby
extconf.rb' I get an error: "can't find header files for ruby".

I am working on:
Windows XP, JRuby 1.1.4

Thanks for help :)

Regards,
Marcin Piórkowski
40e5e9fe36a1f85166493faac2c17499?d=identicon&s=25 Hirotsugu Asari (Guest)

It's not supported (yet).  http://jruby.codehaus.org/Limitations
Marcin Piórkowski wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> I am new in JRuby. Sorry for my mistake but I want some advice. Is there
> any possible way to install native extensions in JRuby? Last time I had
> tried to install ruby numerical library called 'rnum'. When I execute
> 'ruby extconf.rb' I get an error: "can't find header files for ruby".

JRuby does not support native extensions, unfortunately, because they
depend on specific memory and runtime details specific to the C
implementation. Usually you can find an equivalent library on the JVM
that will work well as a replacement. What does rnum do?

- Charlie

'rnum'  Ruby Numerical Library is is a linear algebra package using Blas
and
Lapack (http://rnum.rubyforge.org).

Thanks for answer. All I have to do is try using Jama or Colt package.

Marcin

--
Pozdrawiam
Marcin Piórkowski

"Jeżeli chcesz zmian, zacznij od siebie"