Forum: GNU Radio USRP connected during gnuradio installation

0a2e71854bb218131012ec9764eb33dd?d=identicon&s=25 Joreen Tan (Guest)

Would like to check, if the USRP is needed to be connected to the laptop
during the installation of gnuradio on fedora 9?

Regards,
Joreen
287db267f16cb26430934ea36168e6b3?d=identicon&s=25 Mattias Kjellsson (Guest)

When I installed gnuradio, I didn't have a usrp, but I followed the
instructions in the wiki, and when I plugged it in it worked... I guess
the short answer is: no. =)

Hope it works out for you!
BR
Mattias Kjellsson
3e5d1707dd5f4807ed9938d5c37b2649?d=identicon&s=25 Patrick Strasser (Guest)
Joreen Tan wrote am 2008-10-16 12:27:
> Hi,
>
> Would like to check, if the USRP is needed to be connected to the laptop
> during the installation of gnuradio on fedora 9?

No, like you don't need a USB stick to install a USB storage driver.
GNU Radio does not necessarily need an USRP, although it has lot of code
written especially for the USRP.
In fact you don't even need a RF interface to do signal processing, and
you can use a lots of different hardware for input and output, including
your soundcard and hardware supported by Comedi[1]

Patrick
[1] http://www.comedi.org/
Patrick Strasser <patrick dot strasser at student dot tugraz dot at>