Forum: Ruby on Rails Read files from two servers

A458b4ef31f03963bf0e1a5ae627ff2c?d=identicon&s=25 An (Guest)
    in production I have 2 debian servers to which my app is deployed:
the first has a public IP and serves as webserver and the second has a
private IP and is used for database and other scripts running.

The scripts that are running saves some files on the second server
that should be accessed from the first server.
Is there an easy way to mount/link (?) the directories I need to be
accessed from both servers?

Thanks,
       Andrea
1b507a552850441a516948d488962d2e?d=identicon&s=25 Sniper Abandon (mokkai)
on 2008-10-16 13:04
An wrote:
> Hi,
>     in production I have 2 debian servers to which my app is deployed:
> the first has a public IP and serves as webserver and the second has a
> private IP and is used for database and other scripts running.
>
> The scripts that are running saves some files on the second server
> that should be accessed from the first server.
> Is there an easy way to mount/link (?) the directories I need to be
> accessed from both servers?
>
> Thanks,
>        Andrea
mount that second server directory into you web server machine (in
public)
use "sshfs" tool for file mounting , it is very fast

sshfs remote-user@remote.server:/remote/directory
/local/machine/remote_directory/
A458b4ef31f03963bf0e1a5ae627ff2c?d=identicon&s=25 An (Guest)
That is what I was looking for!

Thank you very much!

Andrea

On 16 Ott, 13:04, Sniper Abandon <rails-mailing-l...@andreas-s.net>