Forum: Ruby Slow IO on Windows

Bde9493348770b4f6bf0f632ef91fc1c?d=identicon&s=25 Ittay Dror (ittayd)

I'm running a Ruby script which loads about 80 ruby files through
require. On Linux it takes no time to load and run. But on windows it
takes ~10 seconds just to load the files.

Why is Ruby on Windows so slow to load files? Can I do anything about
it? (other than not loading them)

Thank you,

Ittay
2008/10/15 Ittay Dror <ittay.dror@gmail.com>:
> I'm running a Ruby script which loads about 80 ruby files through require.
> On Linux it takes no time to load and run. But on windows it takes ~10
> seconds just to load the files.
>
> Why is Ruby on Windows so slow to load files? Can I do anything about it?
> (other than not loading them)

Are those files on a network file system?  Do you have a virus scanner?

robert