Forum: NGINX Standard CGI under nginx

Announcement (2017-05-07): www.ruby-forum.com is now read-only since I unfortunately do not have the time to support and maintain the forum any more. Please see rubyonrails.org/community and ruby-lang.org/en/community for other Rails- und Ruby-related community platforms.
Ab1e128805502b007dd29966ca93273c?d=identicon&s=25 Francisco Valladolid (Guest)
on 2008-10-14 21:40
(Received via mailing list)
Hi folks

I see the example using normal CGI under nginx, via wrapper, whenever
the cgi-wrapper.pl fail to start

ficovh:~> /usr/pkg/bin/cgiwrap-fcgi.pl&
[1] 12390

ficovh:~> Can't locate syscall.ph in @INC (did you run h2ph?) (@INC
contains: /usr/pkg/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.0/i386-netbsd-thread-multi
/usr/pkg/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.0 /usr/pkg/lib/perl5/site_perl
/usr/pkg/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.0/i386-netbsd-thread-multi
/usr/pkg/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.0 /usr/pkg/lib/perl5/vendor_perl
/usr/pkg/lib/perl5/5.8.0/i386-netbsd-thread-multi
/usr/pkg/lib/perl5/5.8.0 .) at /usr/pkg/bin/cgiwrap-fcgi.pl line 9.


While I don't know a perl hacker, I need run simple CGI scripts from
nginx.


I'm using NetBSD 4 Stable in this small machine.
F5a6ed477b109fe6acc11a5a8f87e7e8?d=identicon&s=25 mike (Guest)
on 2008-10-14 23:08
(Received via mailing list)
i was using thttpd for cgi scripts and just proxying to it, but it had
some random crashes and i needed some environment variable support and
couldn't figure out how in thttpd. so instead i have a small apache
instance i proxy to for cgi scripts.

best i could do.
Fda08117336cfde6562315df04b976e8?d=identicon&s=25 Dave Cheney (Guest)
on 2008-10-15 00:30
(Received via mailing list)
On Tue, 14 Oct 2008 13:58:51 -0700, mike <mike503@gmail.com> wrote:
> i was using thttpd for cgi scripts and just proxying to it, but it had
> some random crashes and i needed some environment variable support and
> couldn't figure out how in thttpd. so instead i have a small apache
> instance i proxy to for cgi scripts.

I have a lighttp setup to handle CGI (movable type mainly).

Cheers

Dave
E88f834c0785a399b498b6cf70d10223?d=identicon&s=25 Grzegorz Nosek (gnosek)
on 2008-10-15 13:10
(Received via mailing list)
On Tue, Oct 14, 2008 at 02:33:42PM -0500, Francisco Valladolid wrote:
> /usr/pkg/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.0 /usr/pkg/lib/perl5/site_perl
> /usr/pkg/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.0/i386-netbsd-thread-multi
> /usr/pkg/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.0 /usr/pkg/lib/perl5/vendor_perl
> /usr/pkg/lib/perl5/5.8.0/i386-netbsd-thread-multi
> /usr/pkg/lib/perl5/5.8.0 .) at /usr/pkg/bin/cgiwrap-fcgi.pl line 9.

That's one of the reasons that script is positively ugly.

> While I don't know a perl hacker, I need run simple CGI scripts from nginx.

<shameless and tireless plug... again>
Have a look at http://github.com/gnosek/fcgiwrap/tree/master
(the home page is in the making)

That's a C application that does roughly the same thing as the script.
You need headers and libraries for libfcgi and a process spawner, like
spawn-fcgi from lighttpd. Works fine for me.

If you need any assistance, feel free to mail me.

Best regards,
 Grzegorz Nosek
5447e06c6eeb471861633661aacc3659?d=identicon&s=25 luben (Guest)
on 2008-10-15 15:44
(Received via mailing list)
Francisco Valladolid wrote:
> /usr/pkg/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.0 /usr/pkg/lib/perl5/site_perl
>
try running:

cd /usr/include
h2ph -r -l

in order to generate syscall.ph

luben
This topic is locked and can not be replied to.