Forum: RSpec Re: Cucumber: Migrating RSpec Story L isteners to Cucumber

8bfee8cc5d5ee63f4c28a56c2302dafc?d=identicon&s=25 Thomas Marek (Guest)
No advice on that?

Should i open a ticket on Lighthouse?
I also would try to implement that...

Thanks,
Thomas

> -----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----

Please do.

> I also would try to implement that...

Great! Some suggestions:

I'd like to be able to do something like this:

After do
  # cucumber_scenario would return the Scenario instance
  # The cucumber_scenario method could be defined in a similar way to
#run_step,
  # see Executor#define_step_call_methods
  if cucumber_scenario.successful?
    take_screenshot(cucumber_scenario.id) # Each scenario should have
a unique id that can be used in e.g. file names.

Aslak
588ab1c0a5610a7e160a3b101abb91e6?d=identicon&s=25 Michael Latta (Guest)
Why use a cucumber_scenario method when the After method could just
pass it to the block?

Michael
0be0e4aa42aacd9a8a95c792de273ca7?d=identicon&s=25 aslak hellesoy (Guest)
On Tue, Oct 14, 2008 at 5:29 PM, Michael Latta <lattam@mac.com> wrote:
> Why use a cucumber_scenario method when the After method could just pass it
> to the block?

Good idea!
On Tue, Oct 14, 2008 at 1:49 PM, aslak hellesoy
<aslak.hellesoy@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 14, 2008 at 5:29 PM, Michael Latta <lattam@mac.com> wrote:
>> Why use a cucumber_scenario method when the After method could just pass it
>> to the block?
>
> Good idea!

Can the Before do the same? Then you could grab the name or whatever
before printing anything out.
F86901feca747abbb5c6c020362ef2e7?d=identicon&s=25 Zach Dennis (zdennis)
On Tue, Oct 14, 2008 at 3:39 PM, David Chelimsky <dchelimsky@gmail.com>
wrote:

Based on Aslak's example and the content in the ticket and this thread
I think that is the intent. Although, mentioned in passing it as an
example in the After, Aslak's code exactly on the ticket showed only
passing the scenario through to the Before as a block argument.

The ticket has been updated, perhaps we should defer future
communication on this thread to the ticket?

--
Zach Dennis
http://www.continuousthinking.com
0be0e4aa42aacd9a8a95c792de273ca7?d=identicon&s=25 aslak hellesoy (Guest)
>> before printing anything out.
>>

> Based on Aslak's example and the content in the ticket and this thread
> I think that is the intent. Although, mentioned in passing it as an
> example in the After, Aslak's code exactly on the ticket showed only
> passing the scenario through to the Before as a block argument.
>
> The ticket has been updated, perhaps we should defer future
> communication on this thread to the ticket?

Yes, let's