Forum: Ruby rubygame / RUDL / Gosu

F778607e066c8372ab94b0920ed7b2b8?d=identicon&s=25 Jakub Pavlík (Guest)
Hello,

I work on a few ruby games just for fun and use RUDL as my display
library. It seems Rubygame and Gosu are more popular than RUDL. Does
anybody know why? (When I was trying to use rubygame cca two years ago,
it was, being compared with RUDL, pretty ugly - abusing Ruby naming
conventions, more procedural than OO etc.) Do you know about any
"comparative study" of these three libraries?

Thanks,
Jakub
Pavlík
2008/10/14 Jakub Pavlík <severus@post.cz>:
> Hello,
>
> I work on a few ruby games just for fun and use RUDL as my display library. It seems
Rubygame and Gosu are more popular than RUDL. Does anybody know why? (When I was trying to
use rubygame cca two years ago, it was, being compared with RUDL, pretty ugly - abusing
Ruby naming conventions, more procedural than OO etc.) Do you know about any "comparative
study" of these three libraries?

Andrea Wright wrote a two part article for OnLAMP about this:

http://oreillynet.com/pub/a/ruby/2007/12/04/creati...

-greg