Forum: RSpec Any Plans on Tag support in Cucumber

59e1463074e0619bc06b8654bf5ac98d?d=identicon&s=25 wei wei (Guest)
ThoughtWorks just released the auto test toolset Twist, the "tagging"
feature seems pretty useful,
http://studios.thoughtworks.com/twist-agile-test-a...
"Tags
allow you to organize test suites in multiple dimensions. With tags,
you can include a test in a smoke test suite by just tagging it smoke,
or exclude unfinished tests from running by tagging them with a
keyword of your choosing."

I wonder if there are plans to support this in cucumber? I also wanna
try to
implement it.
0be0e4aa42aacd9a8a95c792de273ca7?d=identicon&s=25 aslak hellesoy (Guest)
On Tue, Oct 14, 2008 at 8:47 AM, wei wei <weiwei9@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> ThoughtWorks just released the auto test toolset Twist, the "tagging"
> feature seems pretty
> useful,
http://studios.thoughtworks.com/twist-agile-test-a...
> "Tags
> allow you to organize test suites in multiple dimensions. With tags, you can include a
test in a smoke test suite by just tagging it smoke, or exclude unfinished tests from
running by tagging them with a keyword of your choosing."

> I wonder if there are plans to support this in cucumber? I also wanna try to
> implement it.

I've been thinking about tags for a long time - it's just had lower
priority than other things. Please start by opening a ticket in
Lighthouse where you give some examples of how tags can be entered.
I'd also like to see examples of how you'd like to tell Cucumber what
tags you want to run, and whether you want any other kind of output.

Let's continue the discussion in Lighthouse. It's great that you're
volunteering to implement it!

Cheers,
Aslak