Forum: Ruby on Rails Rmagick

Announcement (2017-05-07): www.ruby-forum.com is now read-only since I unfortunately do not have the time to support and maintain the forum any more. Please see rubyonrails.org/community and ruby-lang.org/en/community for other Rails- und Ruby-related community platforms.
9b78a514221abd006719e9746ad15c6e?d=identicon&s=25 ghost rider (shiva)
on 2008-10-14 07:54
Hi,
  I am using imagemagick and rmagick for image manipulation....

imagemagick version-6.4.4
rmagick 2.7

I need to create a thumbnail.

    img = Magick::Image.read(org_img_path)[0]
    img.crop_resized(width,height)
    img.write(new_image_path)


when i used this piece of code in console its cropping correctly...when
i used inside model or lib or controller its not working.

but if i use crop_resized! it is working but i need to maintain aspect
ratio for that image.

If someone knows solutin for this problem kindly help me

with regards
shiva
1b507a552850441a516948d488962d2e?d=identicon&s=25 Sniper Abandon (mokkai)
on 2008-10-14 08:39
Shiva Kumaran wrote:
> Hi,
>   I am using imagemagick and rmagick for image manipulation....
>
> imagemagick version-6.4.4
> rmagick 2.7
>
> I need to create a thumbnail.
>
>     img = Magick::Image.read(org_img_path)[0]
>     img.crop_resized(width,height)
>     img.write(new_image_path)
>
>
> when i used this piece of code in console its cropping correctly...when
> i used inside model or lib or controller its not working.
>
> but if i use crop_resized! it is working but i need to maintain aspect
> ratio for that image.
>
> If someone knows solutin for this problem kindly help me
>
> with regards
> shiva

any method ending '!' will affect current object
the remaining methods(except something like pop,shift) won't affect
current one
if you want
then use it

     img = Magick::Image.read(org_img_path)[0]
     img.crop_resized(width,height).write(new_image_path)

you can ask this doublt to your colleague like ("najnaR ro
iallihT".reverse)
9b78a514221abd006719e9746ad15c6e?d=identicon&s=25 ghost rider (shiva)
on 2008-10-14 09:10
Pokkai Dokkai wrote:
> Shiva Kumaran wrote:
>> Hi,
>>   I am using imagemagick and rmagick for image manipulation....
>>
>> imagemagick version-6.4.4
>> rmagick 2.7
>>
>> I need to create a thumbnail.
>>
>>     img = Magick::Image.read(org_img_path)[0]
>>     img.crop_resized(width,height)
>>     img.write(new_image_path)
>>
>>
>> when i used this piece of code in console its cropping correctly...when
>> i used inside model or lib or controller its not working.
>>
>> but if i use crop_resized! it is working but i need to maintain aspect
>> ratio for that image.
>>
>> If someone knows solutin for this problem kindly help me
>>
>> with regards
>> shiva
>
> any method ending '!' will affect current object
> the remaining methods(except something like pop,shift) won't affect
> current one
> if you want
> then use it
>
>      img = Magick::Image.read(org_img_path)[0]
>      img.crop_resized(width,height).write(new_image_path)
>
> you can ask this doublt to your colleague like ("najnaR ro
> iallihT".reverse)

ok thanks mokkai. wht is the difference bwn wht i wrote and wht u have
send

eg:
img.crop_resized(width,height)
img.write(new_image_path)

and wht u have sent

img.crop_resized(width,height).write(new_image_path)
1b507a552850441a516948d488962d2e?d=identicon&s=25 Sniper Abandon (mokkai)
on 2008-10-14 09:29
Shiva Kumaran wrote:
>>      img = Magick::Image.read(org_img_path)[0]
>>      img.crop_resized(width,height).write(new_image_path)
>>
>> you can ask this doublt to your colleague like ("najnaR ro
>> iallihT".reverse)
>
> ok thanks mokkai. wht is the difference bwn wht i wrote and wht u have
> send
>
> eg:
> img.crop_resized(width,height)
> img.write(new_image_path)
>
> and wht u have sent
>
> img.crop_resized(width,height).write(new_image_path)

it is simple
user@ubuntu:~$ ruby -e "p 'usarA iallihT ksA'.reverse"
1b507a552850441a516948d488962d2e?d=identicon&s=25 Sniper Abandon (mokkai)
on 2008-10-14 13:46
Shiva Kumaran wrote:
> Pokkai Dokkai wrote:
>> Shiva Kumaran wrote:
> eg:
> img.crop_resized(width,height)
> img.write(new_image_path)
>
> and wht u have sent
>
> img.crop_resized(width,height).write(new_image_path)

hey guys don't get angry on me
if u & ur tl don't know then you can ask to others(who know).
don't  discourge other guys who know better then you (like Ranjan and
Thillai)
give respect to others also, as a good developer
i know something about that naskitasky politics in ur
'etaroproc".reverse
this is my small advice
"sorry for my distrub" if "i am wrong"

by
me(mokkai)
9b78a514221abd006719e9746ad15c6e?d=identicon&s=25 ghost rider (shiva)
on 2008-10-14 16:08
Mr. Thanniarasu wht's ur problem...........
1b507a552850441a516948d488962d2e?d=identicon&s=25 Sniper Abandon (mokkai)
on 2008-10-14 16:13
ghost rider wrote:
>
> Mr. Thanniarasu wht's ur problem...........

who is that joker ?
1b507a552850441a516948d488962d2e?d=identicon&s=25 Sniper Abandon (mokkai)
on 2008-10-15 07:21
Sniper Abandon wrote:
> ghost rider wrote:
>>
>> Mr. Thanniarasu wht's ur problem...........
>
> who is that joker ?

no reply...

r u there ? | r u sleeping....?
This topic is locked and can not be replied to.