Forum: GNU Radio omni-thread problem using multithreading with one thread being GNU Radio

28aeba63771b874a6e3e5de9296ee2be?d=identicon&s=25 unknown (Guest)
Eric,

I created multiple threads in my application, one thread uses GNU Radio
digital
link, the others are for applications. However, every time I stop the
digital
link and prepare for reconfiguration, I have this error: "terminate
called
after throwing an instance of 'omni-thread_fatal'", the main thread and
gnuradio thread are aborted, other threads are still running.

Would you please point out a way to bypass this problem?

Thanks very much.

Andrew
On Mon, Oct 13, 2008 at 08:06:00PM -0400, gef@vt.edu wrote:
> Thanks very much.
> Andrew

You'll need to run this under gdb and see what's really triggering the
problem, then go from there.

Eric
79723aa1b24981dcec2dbf7fd59403c1?d=identicon&s=25 Brian Padalino (Guest)
On Mon, Oct 13, 2008 at 8:08 PM, Eric Blossom <eb@comsec.com> wrote:
> You'll need to run this under gdb and see what's really triggering the
> problem, then go from there.

It's come up twice recently, and I think there should be a wiki page
about it.  Unfortunately, I do not have the expertise or know-how to
put something together.

Can someone (preferably who has actually debugged a problem using this
method) please post on the Wiki a how-to guide of debugging GNU Radio
applications using gdb?

Moreover, for those people using GRC, is it at all possible to create
a "debug" block which can execute gdb appropriately and can also be
enabled or disabled?  If so, could it also check for other popular
debuggers - ddd for example?

Brian
On Mon, Oct 13, 2008 at 09:27:43PM -0400, Brian Padalino wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 13, 2008 at 8:08 PM, Eric Blossom <eb@comsec.com> wrote:
> > You'll need to run this under gdb and see what's really triggering the
> > problem, then go from there.
>
> It's come up twice recently, and I think there should be a wiki page
> about it.  Unfortunately, I do not have the expertise or know-how to
> put something together.

The directions are here:

  http://www.gnu.org/software/gnuradio/doc/howto-wri...

Eric