Forum: NGINX Does nginx handle proxying chunked encoding PUT requests

Fda08117336cfde6562315df04b976e8?d=identicon&s=25 Dave Cheney (Guest)

I'm using nginx as a proxy for my webdav library which is still in
development (hence leaning on nginx for things like gzip and basic
auth) and I noticed a weird behaviour with clients that PUT data using
chunked encoding. I don't have the full request data with me but the
trace goes something like this

client -> nginx

PUT /something HTTP/1.1

<one packet of body>

nginx -> application
PUT /something HTTP/1.1

My question is, does nginx support chunked encoded request bodies, and
if not, how hard would it be to make that possible?

Cheers

Dave
23a07204927fd26a5263d1731709a86c?d=identicon&s=25 Rob Mueller (Guest)
> My question is, does nginx support chunked encoded request bodies, and  if
> not, how hard would it be to make that possible?

It doesn't at the moment :(

http://marc.info/?l=nginx&m=120207537527355&w=2

Apparently it requires input filters to be implemented. I don't know if
Igor
has got anywhere with input filters yet ???

Rob