Forum: JRuby Logging - Rack

Bfe866459e40cb7392194ab08fcb5dea?d=identicon&s=25 Mike Herrick (mherrick66)

I'm starting to look into improving the logging in our app.

I read about "Logging":
http://logging.rubyforge.org/

Anyone else using it with JRuby?

I started to configure it and it look promising - although so far RSpec
and Rack are barfing on it. See details:
https://trisano.csinitiative.net/wiki/TriSanoLogging

Mike
--
Mike Herrick
Program Manager, Collaborative Software Initiative

Move the require to after the require of config/boot.rb, or require
rubygems manually and see if that helps.  I'm not seeing any of the
rubygems require wrappers in that backtrace, which are normally
activated in boot.rb.

I don't know much about Rails logging, but you may want to define
RAILS_DEFAULT_LOGGER, unless config.logger does it for you.

-todd[1]

--
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:  This email is for sole use of intended
recipient(s).  Unauthorized use is prohibited.

Thanks Todd - that made RSpec happy.

I'm not seeing any logging from Tomcat / Rack tho. I'll look into that.

Let me know if you have any ideas on that.

mike@csinitiative.com
http://www.csinitiative.com

Todd Willey wrote:
> On Sun, Oct 12, 2008 at 2:29 AM, Mike Herrick <mike@csinitiative.com> wrote:
>> Rack are barfing on it. See details:
>>
>>   http://xircles.codehaus.org/manage_email

Make sure you're not trying to log inside the .war file.  I.E. provide
a full path to a directory on the server, not something internal to
the packaged app, underneath RAILS_ROOT.

-todd[1]