Forum: Rails deployment where do I copy my RoR application

4287232616a1dde31cd2dab154acad70?d=identicon&s=25 Pepe Sanchez (jsn1)
on 2008-10-12 03:13
Hi all

I have a questions about how to deploy my RoR application. In my server
I already have an html applicaiotn, and one of these pages needs to call
the RoR.

Currently my pages are inside the public_html folder

Where do I copy my RoR project ?
  - inside public_html?
1b507a552850441a516948d488962d2e?d=identicon&s=25 Sniper Abandon (mokkai)
on 2008-10-14 09:02
Pepe Sanchez wrote:
> Hi all
>
> I have a questions about how to deploy my RoR application. In my server
> I already have an html applicaiotn, and one of these pages needs to call
> the RoR.
>
> Currently my pages are inside the public_html folder
>
> Where do I copy my RoR project ?
>   - inside public_html?

remove or rename 'PROJECT_DIR\public\index.html'

copy your all html application (with directory structure) into
'PROJECT_DIR\public\' folder
then
> ruby script\server -e product
Eac2f7eb2955d775afcae84d0d0bfb0b?d=identicon&s=25 Kent Fenwick (ewakened)
on 2008-10-18 23:34
Also, remember that if you made the appication restful and haven't
messed with your .htaccess file you can just make rest calls to your
rails application from your static html files.

I do this a lot when I am integrating legacy sites into new rails sites.

Good luck