Forum: Ruby on Rails Re: Switchtower, Windows & Setup

137039860fa6b38713e1349da8a4137d?d=identicon&s=25 Marc.Love (Guest)
Yea I thought that might be it too, but I upgraded to 1.0.3 and still
nothing.

>>> jamis@37signals.com 11/09/05 02:38PM >>>
What version of the Net::SSH gem do you have installed? There was a
problem with 1.0.2 that caused problems on windows. Please try
upgrading your Net::SSH gem to the latest (1.0.3) and let me know if
that makes any difference.

- Jamis

On Nov 9, 2005, at 3:34 PM, Marc Love wrote:

> I'm developing on WinXP and deploying to SuSe Linux.  Both machines

> have
> been upgraded to Rails 0.14.3 and have the switchtower gem
installed.

> The only modifications I made to the deploy.rb file on my
development
> set :deploy_to, "/srv/www/apps/#{application}"
> ========================
>
> I pull up a cmd prompt, navigate to RAILS_ROOT, and entered the
> following:  "rake remote_exec ACTION=setup"
>
> the output is as follows:
>
> (in C:/railsapp)
>
> and then I just get a C:\ prompt again.  No prompt for a password,
no
> error messages, no nothing.  It takes all of 5 seconds.  I go to my
> remote server and no folders have been created.
>
> I have absolutely no idea what's going wrong here.  Anyone have any
> idea what is or how I can get more verbose output to try to track
down
> the problem myself?
>
> Thanks in advance.
> ==================DISCLAIMER================================
> This email may contain confidential and privileged material for the

> sole use of the intended recipient.
> Any review or distribution by others is strictly prohibited. If you
3f900b38ec3b2c45427c354722fa4ce3?d=identicon&s=25 tom (Guest)
The first problem I had with SwitchTower on Windows was due to path
issues.
It seems that the Ruby 'run' command (used in Rake to get to
SwitchTower)
tries to run the 'switchtower' file, and the 'switchtower.cmd' file is
not
executed.  Rake runs and exits quickly, with no hint as to what
happened.

I fixed this by making changes in my switchtower.rake file to explicitly
ask
for the .cmd file and didn't investigate this any further.

Also check out my blog entry here for a few other Windows/Unix issues I
worked through:
http://blog.craz8.com/articles/2005/11/03/windows-...

I also needed pageant.exe to be running (perhaps the Net::SSH update
fixes
this issue)