Forum: GNU Radio Switching from the receiving mode to the transmitting mode?

E61ab81f256941ae600d5d1367c0a156?d=identicon&s=25 Zenny Zhang (Guest)
Dear All,

I am working on an application where I have a sender S and a receiver
R. The procesure runs as follows:

(1) S transmits the channel estimation sequence. R estimates channel.
(2) S switches to receiving mode. R switches to the transmiting mode.
R sends the channel estimation back to S.
(3) S switches back to transmiting mode. R switches back to the
receiving mode. S sends data to R.

For both S and R, I created two flow graphs, one for transmiting and
the other for receiving. When switching modes, I was basically
starting and stopping flow graphs. I found that I have to stay in step
(1) and (2) for at least 0.1 sec. Are you aware of any faster method
to do this? Thanks so much for any hint!

Best regards,
Zhenghao
On Thu, Oct 09, 2008 at 12:24:26PM -0500, Zenny Zhang wrote:

> For both S and R, I created two flow graphs, one for transmiting and
> the other for receiving. When switching modes, I was basically
> starting and stopping flow graphs. I found that I have to stay in step
> (1) and (2) for at least 0.1 sec. Are you aware of any faster method
> to do this? Thanks so much for any hint!
>
> Best regards,
> Zhenghao

Use Auto Transmit/Receive switching (ATR) and see tunnel.py for an
example that uses it. (It's a terrible example of a MAC, but does show
how to set up something similar to what you want.)  No need to stop
the flow graphs.

Eric
E61ab81f256941ae600d5d1367c0a156?d=identicon&s=25 Zenny Zhang (Guest)
Dear Eric,

On Thu, Oct 9, 2008 at 2:19 PM, Eric Blossom <eb@comsec.com> wrote:

> Use Auto Transmit/Receive switching (ATR) and see tunnel.py for an
> example that uses it. (It's a terrible example of a MAC, but does show
> how to set up something similar to what you want.)  No need to stop
> the flow graphs.

Thank you so much. I will look at tunnel.py.

Best,
Zhenghao