Forum: GNU Radio gnuradio .deb won't install on ubuntu intrepid

C0ba64b9e5a62ed77295b79b63ab87c0?d=identicon&s=25 Dimitris Symeonidis (Guest)
adding the repository to the 3rd party sources and running "sudo
aptitude install gnuradio usrp" gives me:

  python-gnuradio-comedi: Depends: libcomedi-0.7.22 which is a virtual
package.

this is because python-gnuradio DEPENDS on python-gnuradio-comedi
can we turn this dependency into a "recommends"?

by the way, the libcomedi-0.7.22 package in hardy
(http://packages.ubuntu.com/hardy/libcomedi-0.7.22)
is replaced by libcomedi0 in intrepid
(http://packages.ubuntu.com/intrepid/libcomedi0)

thank you

Dimitris Symeonidis
"If you think you're too small to make a difference, try sleeping with
a mosquito!" - Amnesty International
3e5d1707dd5f4807ed9938d5c37b2649?d=identicon&s=25 Patrick Strasser (Guest)
Dimitris Symeonidis wrote am 2008-10-08 17:49:
> adding the repository to the 3rd party sources and running "sudo
> aptitude install gnuradio usrp" gives me:

>   python-gnuradio-comedi: Depends: libcomedi-0.7.22 which is a virtual package.
>
> this is because python-gnuradio DEPENDS on python-gnuradio-comedi
> can we turn this dependency into a "recommends"?

Had the same problem with Debian testing  some days ago.
As a workaround you can deselect python-gnuradio but select all its
dependencies excluding comedi. Of course this will leave the package
gnuradio with unfulfilled dependencies, but you can do it the same way
with this package.

Python-gnunradio depends on a lot of things, which should be all
recommends IMO, especialy as a dependency of gnuradio.

Patrick
Patrick Strasser <patrick dot strasser at student dot tugraz dot at>
On Wed, 2008-10-08 at 17:49 +0200, Dimitris Symeonidis wrote:
> (http://packages.ubuntu.com/hardy/libcomedi-0.7.22)
> is replaced by libcomedi0 in intrepid
> (http://packages.ubuntu.com/intrepid/libcomedi0)

The deb files for 3.1.3 we're written for hardy, they haven't been
updated to work with intrepid.  Release 3.1.4 will work this out.