Forum: Ruby on Rails private method `gsub' called for 2:Fixnum

A70f841c97e75599eab48b1029247589?d=identicon&s=25 amitmahajan@post.com (Guest)
RoR Error: “private method `gsub' called for 2:Fixnum”

I am new to RoR and trying to complete “RailsSpace Social Networking”
example, all works fine until I have implemented cookies using
authorization_token, and start getting following error when trying to
login.

“private method `gsub' called for 2:Fixnum”

I can make out that there is something related to String conversion
but not sure go forward to resolve this.
73c04e9ef9ca435c5b19a2e765ae6d20?d=identicon&s=25 Max Williams (max-williams)
on 2008-10-08 14:50
amitmahajan@post.com wrote:

It's hard to know without any more detail.  The stack trace (the list of
method calls etc that's shown on the crash page) should point you
towards the problem.
73c04e9ef9ca435c5b19a2e765ae6d20?d=identicon&s=25 Max Williams (max-williams)
on 2008-10-08 14:53
Max Williams wrote:
> amitmahajan@post.com wrote:
>
> It's hard to know without any more detail.  The stack trace (the list of
> method calls etc that's shown on the crash page) should point you
> towards the problem.

Oh and by the way, when looking at the stack trace it's best to assume
that the problem isn't with ruby, rails or whatever plugins you're
using, and just read down the list for the first reference to your own
code :)