Forum: GNU Radio Error with rev. 9728: libusrp2.so does not exist

Fc3da6ed7be314cc1a8e662b6241cb28?d=identicon&s=25 Kyle Pearson (Guest)
I downloaded rev. 9728 from the svn today and after installing it when
I tried to run find_usrps I got the following error:

find_usrps: error while loading shared libraries: libusrp2.so.0:

I am running Ubuntu 8.04 (Hardy) and I followed the ubuntu
instructions to install gnu radio and the instructions at
http://gnuradio.org/trac/browser/gnuradio/trunk/RE...
to install boost 1.36. There did not appear to be any errors with the
installations of gnuradio or boost. All tests passed when I ran make
check.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thank you,
Kyle
063614dd3613cfd90b6c86b951fcf2a4?d=identicon&s=25 Karthik Vijayraghavan (Guest)
On Tue, Oct 7, 2008 at 3:01 PM, Kyle Pearson
<kyle.a.pearson+gnuradio@gmail.com> wrote:
> installations of gnuradio or boost. All tests passed when I ran make
> check.
>
> Does anyone have any suggestions?
>
> Thank you,
> Kyle

try "sudo /sbin/ldconfig"

Karthik
Fc3da6ed7be314cc1a8e662b6241cb28?d=identicon&s=25 Kyle Pearson (Guest)
On Tue, Oct 7, 2008 at 6:36 PM, Karthik Vijayraghavan
<karthikv@stanford.edu> wrote:
>> http://gnuradio.org/trac/browser/gnuradio/trunk/RE...
>
> Karthik

Thank you, that got rid of that error.

I'm having some issues getting the USRP2 running in usrp2_fft.py now.
When I try to change the frequency in the GUI, the application
freezes. It was working at first, but seems to have stopped working
after I put in an invalid value for the decimation and had to force it
closed. Rebooting and unplugging the USRP2 hasn't helped.

Also, since I have connected the USRP2 I have not been able to use my
gigE port to connect to the internet (I only have 1 ethernet port in
my computer at the moment and have to switch wires between connecting
to the USRP2 and the network). Does anyone know if some setting has
been changed by the USRP2 that would cause this problem? It wasn't
until I successfully ran find_usrps that I got this problem.

Thank you,
Kyle
Fc3da6ed7be314cc1a8e662b6241cb28?d=identicon&s=25 Kyle Pearson (Guest)
On Wed, Oct 8, 2008 at 12:20 PM, Kyle Pearson
<kyle.a.pearson+gnuradio@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> I am running Ubuntu 8.04 (Hardy) and I followed the ubuntu
>>
> after I put in an invalid value for the decimation and had to force it
> Kyle

Here is some more information I've figured out while playing around with
this:
-Changing the center frequency freezes the GUI, however if I enter a
value in the frequency text box and then change the decimation it does
not freeze. It does not change the center frequency though (this is
why I thought it was working before, I had no signal going into the
radio when I first tried it out, so I couldn't see that the
downconversion frequency hadn't changed)
-Changing the gain does not do anything

I'm also still having the issue with not being able to connect to
connect to my network now that the USRP2 is set up.

If you have any suggestions or ideas what may be causing these
problems, please let me know.

Thanks,
Kyle
On Thu, Oct 09, 2008 at 01:59:16PM -0400, Kyle Pearson wrote:

> Here is some more information I've figured out while playing around with this:
> -Changing the center frequency freezes the GUI, however if I enter a
> value in the frequency text box and then change the decimation it does
> not freeze. It does not change the center frequency though (this is
> why I thought it was working before, I had no signal going into the
> radio when I first tried it out, so I couldn't see that the
> downconversion frequency hadn't changed)
> -Changing the gain does not do anything

As was noted on this list earlier this week, the parameters are
not currently changable in the GUI.  If you're so inclined, please
debug the problem and submit a patch.

> I'm also still having the issue with not being able to connect to
> connect to my network now that the USRP2 is set up.

We recommend a dedicated GigE ethernet port on the host and a direct
connect (no switch) between the USRP2 and the host.

> If you have any suggestions or ideas what may be causing these
> problems, please let me know.

We use ethernet PAUSE frames to flow control the host.  It's possible
that if there's a switch in the path, that it's not dealing with them
properly.  It's not uncommon.  Hence our recommendation for a direct
connection.

Note too that the USRP2 is capable of totally swamping medium
peformance systems.  800Mb/s (decim=4) is probably way too much for
many systems.  Try decim=16.

Eric