Forum: JRuby Sun Access Manager

F15fdc7cb2e911b3808837f2be244add?d=identicon&s=25 AD (Guest)
Hello,
 has anybody integrated single sign on with sun access manager in JRuby
?
 Would love to see some examples if so .

Thx
Adam
AD wrote:
> Hello,
>
>  has anybody integrated single sign on with sun access manager in JRuby
> ?  Would love to see some examples if so .

I think Nick Sieger's project Kenai has...not sure whether anything's
published about it yet. Bug Nick :)

- Charlie

On Fri, Oct 10, 2008 at 1:08 AM, Charles Oliver Nutter
<charles.nutter@sun.com> wrote:
> AD wrote:
>>
>> Hello,
>>
>>  has anybody integrated single sign on with sun access manager in JRuby ?
>>  Would love to see some examples if so .
>
> I think Nick Sieger's project Kenai has...not sure whether anything's
> published about it yet. Bug Nick :)

Actually we don't. We're using a webservice internal to Sun and don't
do anything special except a SOAP call to that service.

/Nick

Nick Sieger wrote:
> Actually we don't. We're using a webservice internal to Sun and don't
> do anything special except a SOAP call to that service.

Ahh, darn, back to the drawing board I guess.

Sorry for joining the party late, but I know somebody who is using Sun
Access Manager with JRuby for SSO. Read more details at:

http://blogs.sun.com/arungupta/entry/single_sign_o...

Thanks,
-Arun

--
Application Platform, Sun Microsystems, Inc.
Blog: http://blogs.sun.com/arungupta

thanks Arun, is there more technical docs available or is that pretty
much
it ?
268f57c236bb50c0f6e12ac38adc9d81?d=identicon&s=25 Arun Gupta (arungupta)
AD,

OpenSSO is Access Manager - in fact, the next commercial release is Sun
OpenSSO Enterprise 8.0. Most of the information below applies equally to
OpenSSO and earlier versions.

http://developers.sun.com/identity/reference/techa...
- article including detail of integrating a Ruby app

https://opensso.dev.java.net/public/extensions/#saml2 - Ruby SAML 2.0 RP
- not immediately relevant, but might be interesting

You might be able to just use the policy agent - it works at the
container level (Glassfish, whatever) and does URL policy, sets up
server variables (REMOTE_USER) and the Java EE security context
(getRemoteUser()/isUserInRole()).

In any case, I would recommend subscribing to the OpenSSO mailing list:

1. Go to https://www.dev.java.net/servlets/Join and register for a
java.net account if necessary.
2. Go to https://opensso.dev.java.net/servlets/ProjectMembe...
and request 'Observer' role on OpenSSO.
and subscribe to 'users@opensso.dev.java.net'.

And/or the IRC channel: #opensso on Freenode -
irc://irc.freenode.net/opensso

Thanks,
-Arun