Forum: Redcloth Fwd: JRuby RedCloth progress

A50dcaaf8e545e6cc1fb4e32919be6ad?d=identicon&s=25 Jason Garber (jgarber)
Has anyone done any work on JRuby RedCloth?  If so, please respond
(see below).  Also respond if you have ideas about getting around this
problem without it getting too ugly.

Begin forwarded message:
0a253723f486d141735bbf81560e7e60?d=identicon&s=25 Chad Johnson (Guest)
On Mon, Oct 6, 2008 at 3:37 PM, Jason Garber <jg@jasongarber.com> wrote:
> Has anyone done any work on JRuby RedCloth?  If so, please respond (see
> below).  Also respond if you have ideas about getting around this problem
> without it getting too ugly.

To help shed more light on the situation...

In my port attempt (http://github.com/chadj/redcloth/tree/jruby) I was
planning on using the annotation enabled routines for binding Java
methods to JRuby methods.  My intent was to sub-class RubyString
directly in Java to implement RedCloth::TextileDoc.  Well, that
approach won't work until RubyString can be subclassed
(http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/JRUBY-3039).

I'm curious to see what approach the other folks who've attempted the
port have taken.

-Chad J