Forum: Ruby Developing command line utilities

5ca17be18ed84b27dc0d9062216e2da8?d=identicon&s=25 Christian Johansen (chrisjoha)
on 2008-10-05 21:45
I'm writing a command line utility who's interface will share alot in
common with rake. I remember reading at some point that Capistrano was
built on top of rake(?)

Is building on top of rake a possible solution, and a good solution? If
so, can anyone point me to some documentation, articles or the like on
how I'd go about doing something like that?
B3d313c1bc31ca754aac138545cbc396?d=identicon&s=25 Bil Kleb (Guest)
Christian Johansen wrote:
> I'm writing a command line utility who's interface will share alot in
> common with rake. I remember reading at some point that Capistrano was
> built on top of rake(?)

IIRC, Vlad is built on rake, ssh, and rsync: http://rubyhitsquad.com

Regards,
1bac2e65d64faf472cf2ebc94f0f5ee0?d=identicon&s=25 Ara Howard (ahoward)
On Oct 5, 2008, at 1:47 PM, Christian Johansen wrote:

> I'm writing a command line utility who's interface will share alot in
> common with rake. I remember reading at some point that Capistrano was
> built on top of rake(?)
>
> Is building on top of rake a possible solution, and a good solution?
> If
> so, can anyone point me to some documentation, articles or the like on
> how I'd go about doing something like that?

look at the cap code.  you might also like to check out main

   gem install main

http://codeforpeople.com/lib/ruby/main/main-2.8.1/README

cheers.

a @ http://codeforpeople.com/