Forum: Ruby on Rails Re: Switchtower, Windows & Setup

Marc.Love (Guest)
Yea I thought that might be it too, but I upgraded to 1.0.3 and still
nothing.

> What version of the Net::SSH gem do you have installed? There was a

> problem with 1.0.2 that caused problems on windows. Please try
> upgrading your Net::SSH gem to the latest (1.0.3) and let me know if

> that makes any difference.
>
> - Jamis

> On Nov 9, 2005, at 3:34 PM, Marc Love wrote:

>> I'm developing on WinXP and deploying to SuSe Linux.  Both machines

>> have
>> been upgraded to Rails 0.14.3 and have the switchtower gem
installed.

>> The only modifications I made to the deploy.rb file on my
development
>> set :deploy_to, "/srv/www/apps/#{application}"
>> ========================
>>
>> I pull up a cmd prompt, navigate to RAILS_ROOT, and entered the
>> following:  "rake remote_exec ACTION=setup"
>>
>> the output is as follows:
>>
>> (in C:/railsapp)
>>
>> and then I just get a C:\ prompt again.  No prompt for a password,
no
>> error messages, no nothing.  It takes all of 5 seconds.  I go to my
>> remote server and no folders have been created.
>>
>> I have absolutely no idea what's going wrong here.  Anyone have any
>> idea what is or how I can get more verbose output to try to track
down
>> the problem myself?
>>
>> Thanks in advance.
>> ==================DISCLAIMER================================
>> This email may contain confidential and privileged material for the

>> sole use of the intended recipient.
>> Any review or distribution by others is strictly prohibited. If you

> Rails@...

==================DISCLAIMER================================
This email may contain confidential and privileged material for the sole
use of the intended recipient.
Any review or distribution by others is strictly prohibited. If you are
not the intended recipient, please contact the sender and delete all
copies of it from your system.
The sender accepts no responsibility for viruses and it is your
responsibility to scan attachments (if any).
No contracts may be concluded on behalf of the sender by means of email
communications unless expressly stated to the contrary.