Forum: Ruby on Rails Non-engine based login system?

280b41a88665fd8c699e83a9a25ef949?d=identicon&s=25 steve (Guest)
Anyone working on this?

Don't get me wrong, the engine is cool - I can see that lots of work
went into it.  It just feels like plugins in a framework within another
framework (rails itself).. and something doesn't feel very KISS about it
to me.  I get the point, of course...  common code to be shared amongst
plugins.  But in my, and I'm guessing many others' situation, I'd only
ever make use of the login system.

Anyway.. is anyone else doing just a bare login plugin?

--Steve
27c170f482104299af279902be0a9c26?d=identicon&s=25 trevor (Guest)
Steve,

I can't say whether anyone is actively working on one.

If nobody chimes in to say they've got one finished, you should take a
crack at it.  It's not exactly a difficult plugin to write:

./script/generate plugin login_system_plugin --with-generators
mv lib/login_system.rb vendor/plugins/login_system_plugin/lib/

and then flesh out the generator to create scaffold for the login
controller, views and model.

If you make the generated items just "include
LoginSystem::<relevant_module>" you can avoid the upgrade grief
associated with 'pure' generators (which is what I'm doing with the
current plugin I'm working on).

Regards,
Trevor

On 9-Nov-05, at 3:17 PM, Stephen Waits wrote:

> Anyway.. is anyone else doing just a bare login plugin?
>
> --Steve

Trevor Squires
http://somethinglearned.com
On Nov 9, 2005, at 3:40 PM, Trevor Squires wrote:

> It's not exactly a difficult plugin to write:

Thanks for the tips Trevor!

--Steve