Forum: JRuby RCov for Jruby is complete

3a4ecaf99c9189e75bff01d8334ca370?d=identicon&s=25 Jay McGaffigan (Guest)
As of JRuby 1.1.4, the Java extension for RCov is complete, and all the
tests pass, and it works faster than before (thanks to Charles, Thomas,
and
all the JRuby core team).  We have fixed the last couple of bugs, and
it's
all integrated into RCov (so it's not a separate install).  It is
currently
located at github as hooligan495-rcov.  I am working on getting it
pulled
into the spicycode fork over at git hub (apparently they've been fixing
bugs
on RCov as the rubyforge project has been quiet for a while).  So I'll
update you more as that rolls out.  But for now add github to your gem
sources (gem sources -a http://gems.github.com) and do a "sudo gem
install
hooligan495-rcov"

It should automatically pull down the jruby one if you are using jruby.

Please let me know if you have any issues.

Jay
Jay McGaffigan wrote:
> As of JRuby 1.1.4, the Java extension for RCov is complete, and all the
> tests pass, and it works faster than before (thanks to Charles, Thomas,
> and all the JRuby core team).  We have fixed the last couple of bugs,
> and it’s all integrated into RCov (so it’s not a separate install).  It
> is currently located at github as hooligan495-rcov.  I am working on
> getting it pulled into the spicycode fork over at git hub (apparently
> they’ve been fixing bugs on RCov as the rubyforge project has been quiet
> for a while).  So I’ll update you more as that rolls out.  But for now
> add github to your gem sources (gem sources –a http://gems.github.com)
> and do a “sudo gem install hooligan495-rcov”

This is great news! What would be the best way for us to ensure it keeps
working? I'd like to make sure all the JRuby-related gems get CI builds
set up somewhere so we know we're not breaking them with any future
changes.

- Charlie

A CI system somewhere would be great.  That way if JRuby changes in a
way that breaks rcov we could find out quickly and fix it up.

Jay
Jay McGaffigan wrote:
> A CI system somewhere would be great.  That way if JRuby changes in a way that breaks
rcov we could find out quickly and fix it up.

Can you write up a short description of how to bootstrap a test
environment?

- Charlie

I wasn't able to install on jruby-1.1.4.

> gem install hooligan495-rcov  --no-rdoc --no-ri --source
> http://gems.github.com

JRuby limited openssl loaded. gem install jruby-openssl for full
support.
http://wiki.jruby.org/wiki/JRuby_Builtin_OpenSSL
ERROR:  Error installing hooligan495-rcov:

Should I specify a version?

Thanks.

I never got that gem install to work. Instead i pulled the git repo
from github and built the gem myself.

git clone git://github.com/spicycode/rcov.git
cd rcov
jruby -S rake gem
cd pkg
jruby -S gem install rcov-0.8.1.3.0-java.gem