Forum: Mongrel Win32 access denied

A5d4aa8fb737890ecdfc7b34d1ca0fdc?d=identicon&s=25 Rob Stiff (stiff)
on 2008-08-18 19:29
Using the Win32 HOWTO information, I am attempting to start the service.
upon the service::install command, I receiving the error 'Access is
denied. (Win32::ServiceError).

The error is occurring in line 146 of init.rb

Version Information:
Ruby 1.8.6
Rails 1.2.0
Gem 1.2.0
Win32-Service 0.5.2
Mongrel_service 0.3.4
OS - Windows Vista

There is a newer version of Win32 avaiable (0.6.1), but this version is
incompatible with mongrel_service and issues a version error.

Thanks in advance!
A5d4aa8fb737890ecdfc7b34d1ca0fdc?d=identicon&s=25 Rob Stiff (stiff)
on 2008-08-19 16:26
Rob Stiff wrote:
> Using the Win32 HOWTO information, I am attempting to start the service.
> upon the service::install command, I receiving the error 'Access is
> denied. (Win32::ServiceError).
>
> The error is occurring in line 146 of init.rb
>
> Version Information:
> Ruby 1.8.6
> Rails 1.2.0
> Gem 1.2.0
> Win32-Service 0.5.2
> Mongrel_service 0.3.4
> OS - Windows Vista
>
> There is a newer version of Win32 available (0.6.1), but this version is
> incompatible with mongrel_service and issues a version error.
>
> Thanks in advance!

SOLVED.
The issue was with Windows Vista. You must always run the command line
by right-clicking and using the "Run as Administrator" option.