Forum: Rails Engines Mongrel not connecting..

3229898289cd77fd18f9157109e96f26?d=identicon&s=25 Hema Gonaboina (hema_gonaboina)
on 2008-08-04 11:18
I upgraded my system to new version.. now if i run the mongrel it is
saying
 Starting Rails with development environment...

      * config.breakpoint_server has been deprecated and has no effect.
*

and it is not loading my application.. please help me..
91a616ee807e220c8ffccb5f2ad33731?d=identicon&s=25 Vamsi Krishna (vamsikrishna)
on 2008-08-04 14:14
Hema Gonaboina wrote:
> I upgraded my system to new version.. now if i run the mongrel it is
> saying
>  Starting Rails with development environment...
>
>       *******************************************************************
>       * config.breakpoint_server has been deprecated and has no effect.
> *
>       *******************************************************************
>
> and it is not loading my application.. please help me..

You might get this error if you’re using Rails Edge:
config.breakpoint_server has been deprecated and has no effect:

To fix the error we need to remove the following from
config/environments/development.rb:

   1  config.breakpoint_server = true

   1  gem install ruby-debug

Then add this to the end of config/environments/development.rb:

   1  require 'ruby-debug'

Next, start your server, and the error should be gone…

To debug your code just add a call to debugger:

   1  class MySillySpace ...
   2    def create
   3      debugger # add this line
   4    end

vamsi krishna.
Hema Gonaboina wrote:
> I upgraded my system to new version.. now if i run the mongrel it is
> saying
>  Starting Rails with development environment...

>       * config.breakpoint_server has been deprecated and has no effect.
> *
>
> and it is not loading my application.. please help me..

recommend use mod_rails