Forum: Rails I18n Standalone Translation Application

silvermind (Guest)
hi guys

I'm searching for a standalone ruby application which allows our
customer to manage the translations for different applications in one
place.

The idea is to use a I18N backend wrapper in the staging environemt
which calls the transalation app for every translation token, so the
customer can see his changes to the specific app in realtime.
For the production server the idea was that we pull the current locale
files from the translation service during the capistrano deployment.

sounds interesting? do you know of any existing solution for this
rails quest?

thx a lot for your comments
sev
Martin S. (Guest)
On Fri, Apr 29, 2011 at 01:57, silvermind <removed_email_address@domain.invalid>
wrote:

> The idea is to use a I18N backend wrapper in the staging environemt
> which calls the transalation app for every translation token, so the
> customer can see his changes to the specific app in realtime.
> For the production server the idea was that we pull the current locale
> files from the translation service during the capistrano deployment.
>
> sounds interesting? do you know of any existing solution for this
> rails quest?

Sounds a bit like the workflow automation WebTranslateIt has.
http://docs.webtranslateit.com/workflow_automation/
I haven't looked at these specific features in other translation
webapps,
like http://www.localeapp.com/, http://99translations.com/ etc, but I
wouldn't be surprised to find that they've done similar things.

My view is that you want to cut down on the friction in the translation
process as much as possible, so it's worth it to pay someone building a
business around providing a good translation tool instead of rolling
your
own.

br
- Martin
Translate H. (Guest)
on 2012-03-13 14:08
Truly ideal respond given by martin. Furnish this kind of reply in
prospect.

Thanks...
http://www.translatebyhumans.com/human-translation
Fahmi S. (Guest)
on 2012-10-05 14:38
Helmut J. (Guest)

I would recommend a service to use this (Disclaimer, I am the founder of
lingohub.com), especially if you really want to do translations
(Translating space is much more than a CMS).
For just content changes I would recommend CopyCopter.

You can find more gems in this
thread https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/rails-i18n...