Forum: Typo typo admin authentication problems

Ef406fdee8db42aab40f3f3d4945e414?d=identicon&s=25 Anirudha Jadhav (Guest)
Hello ,

I am currently modifying typo to make a blog.

I am  working on a windows machine, with svn. after making changes and
committing them. I updated the repo on my server.

everything works properly, but I cannot login to my admin section,
username
and password are correct, to errors  here, but the page redirects to
login
again.

could anyone please direct me to a cause for this, or how to fix this.

Also what is the best way to add a controller and view (a new tab to the
admin panel).

thanks
700f9a3b883e6a04d018f48290b1a3fd?d=identicon&s=25 de Villamil Frédéric (Guest)
Le 18 juil. 08 à 22:52, Anirudha Jadhav a écrit :

> could anyone please direct me to a cause for this, or how to fix this.
>
> Also what is the best way to add a controller and view (a new tab to
> the admin panel).
>
> thanks

Hello,

For your authentication issue, are you sure your database is up to
date ? Latest Typo version introduces roles for users and DB needs to
be migrated using rake db:migrate RAILS_ENV=your_environment.

Adding a new controller is not easy as it used to be :
– Add the controller in app/controllers/admin
– Add the corresponding views into app/controllers/admin/yourcontroller
– Add a new module in config/initializers/access_control.rb

And you're done.

Cheers,
Frédéric
--