Forum: wxRuby Creating a child window?

9807852d7a4883b1bc996416e47a703f?d=identicon&s=25 Ilya Radchenko (ilya_r)
on 2011-04-27 00:45
How do I create a child window, one that I can use as a separate control
window for the parent window. I want to implement controls on desktop
one and the parent window on desktop two. This would be for multiple
desktop operations. My idea is to use it for a projector AV station.

So far I have this: http://pastie.org/1837121

I can't figure out how to make a child. I tried making a new frame, but
that was unsuccessful.
On 26/04/2011 23:45, Ilya R. wrote:

Pastie seems to be down, but what you suggest sounds possible.

> I can't figure out how to make a child. I tried making a new frame, but
> that was unsuccessful.

Could you post the code that you tried, and any error messages you
received? It should be as simple as:

child = Frame.new(parent, ...)

You then fill the child with widgets as required, in the normal way.