Forum: Rails I18n i18n admin ui

29c738d580057ef1a75f29f7602d93db?d=identicon&s=25 Burebista (burebista_)
on 2011-04-26 16:06
Hi all!

I was wondering how people manage their application translations ?
I found solutions like tolk gem that will provide Web UI, but that will
work only if you have Active Record/db in your application. Also, tolk
like solutions are one per project.

But if you have 3 project and all of them want to translate ? How you
manage then ? For each project install web ui plugin to and translate
again ?

I didnt found a centralized way to translate (manage I18n.t keys ) for
more then one application.

I was wondering if out there is some web service that will provide web
ui to

1. create/import/export translations
2. Sync service translations with your local i18n object ?
6e6ad40d40c15fecdd1060573156d65f?d=identicon&s=25 Martin Svalin (Guest)
On Tue, Apr 26, 2011 at 16:06, Burebista <lists@ruby-forum.com> wrote:

> I was wondering if out there is some web service that will provide web
> ui to
>
> 1. create/import/export translations
> 2. Sync service translations with your local i18n object ?

Hi,

We recently looked at a couple of different centralized web applications
help in our i18n efforts. We settled on WebTranslateIt, but there are a
few
others. We only have one application, but webtranslateit seems capable
of
managing several projects.

I wrote up a blog post about it. It mostly covers how we match our
current
workflow (several parallel feature branches in development) with a
centralized service for translations.

http://devcorner.mynewsdesk.com/2011/04/14/transla...

br
- Martin
29c738d580057ef1a75f29f7602d93db?d=identicon&s=25 Burebista (burebista_)
on 2011-04-26 18:41
Thank you Martin for your reply. Very interesting to find out that not
only I have translation problem :)
4becbaa02e73aaff17653afc7256460d?d=identicon&s=25 Christopher Dell (tigrish)
You might also want to try signing up for the LocaleApp
(http://www.localeapp.com) - seems like it will have all the
functionality you need.
B74644db03ee70d45b81bd775956d252?d=identicon&s=25 Eugen Ciur (eugen)
on 2011-05-18 08:51
Christopher,

as I see in webpage you provide, locale app is still unavailable.
When do you think it will be out ?

----
http://blog.eugen.co