Forum: Ruby [ANN] ruby-prof 0.10.5

Pleased to announce ruby-prof gem's 0.10.5

Recent fixes:

*New graph outputter call stack, with cool collapsible elements
  ex: http://rogerdpack.t28.net/dev/ruby-prof/examples/stack.html
* It can now profile rubygems' load time itself.
* It is now compatible with 1.9.2 (thanks skaes).
* graphviz outputter added
* linux timing is more precise now (thanks Goncalo Silva).

More info:

https://github.com/rdp/ruby-prof

Many thanks to people who have sent me patches over time, making this a
community effort.

Enjoy.
-r
79f9616c279f40ef953f366dcfe38dc8?d=identicon&s=25 Suraj Kurapati (sunaku)
on 2011-04-26 03:06
Roger Pack wrote in post #994966:
> * New graph outputter call stack, with cool collapsible elements
> ex: http://rogerdpack.t28.net/dev/ruby-prof/examples/stack.html

Would it be possible for users that do not have or cannot use
TextMate to choose a URL prefix other than `txmt://open?url=`?

Thanks for your consideration.
>> * New graph outputter call stack, with cool collapsible elements
>> ex: http://rogerdpack.t28.net/dev/ruby-prof/examples/stack.html
>
> Would it be possible for users that do not have or cannot use
> TextMate to choose a URL prefix other than `txmt://open?url=`?

Oops those were copied from an OS X box.

On anything besides OS X currently it defaults to links like this
currently:

file://full/path?line=linenum

Is this ok, or any other preference?
Thanks!
-r
79f9616c279f40ef953f366dcfe38dc8?d=identicon&s=25 Suraj Kurapati (sunaku)
on 2011-04-26 19:01
Roger Pack wrote in post #995145:
>> Would it be possible for users that do not have or cannot use
>> TextMate to choose a URL prefix other than `txmt://open?url=`?
>
> On anything besides OS X currently it defaults to links like this
> currently:
>
> file://full/path?line=linenum
>
> Is this ok, or any other preference?

That's fine, but I would suggest a URI fragment instead:

  file://full/path#linenum
>> file://full/path?line=linenum
>>
>> Is this ok, or any other preference?
>
> That's fine, but I would suggest a URI fragment instead:
>
>   file://full/path#linenum

Ok, done and released for 0.10.6
Thanks for the feedback.

-r