Forum: Mongrel Working offline

6c0b5bef9ad73ee989791278d595dfa9?d=identicon&s=25 Sean Six (goldenbough)
on 2008-06-22 07:27
I noticed that the server will not work when I am disconnected to the
internet.  Should this always be the case?
86e33dee4a89a8879a26487051c216a8?d=identicon&s=25 Michael Fellinger (Guest)
On Sun, Jun 22, 2008 at 2:27 PM, Sean Six <lists@ruby-forum.com> wrote:
> I noticed that the server will not work when I am disconnected to the
> internet.  Should this always be the case?

Make sure your loopback adapter is active, or you won't be able to
access localhost.
Either that, or describe "will not work" a bit more :)

^ manveru
6c0b5bef9ad73ee989791278d595dfa9?d=identicon&s=25 Sean Six (goldenbough)
on 2008-06-25 20:52
Michael Fellinger wrote:
> On Sun, Jun 22, 2008 at 2:27 PM, Sean Six <lists@ruby-forum.com> wrote:
>> I noticed that the server will not work when I am disconnected to the
>> internet.  Should this always be the case?
>
> Make sure your loopback adapter is active, or you won't be able to
> access localhost.
> Either that, or describe "will not work" a bit more :)
>
> ^ manveru

When I start the server offline no error message appears in the
terminal, and from ever piece of information outputted there it looks as
though everything is fine.  Now when I enter in localhost:3000 I cannot
connect to my application.  When the internet is plugged in I have no
problem running my application.