Forum: Rails Spinoffs (closed, excessive spam) Prototype + Chess !?

F781e15e027e707d6953fa7cfd0ee2a3?d=identicon&s=25 ChessCom (Guest)
Not sure how many of you saw this article =>
http://www.prototypejs.org/2008/5/28/an-interview-...
but Chess.com is looking for 1 more JavaScript guru to help build out
Chess.com Live Chess! We need help optimizing the javascript libraries
we are using, etc. Please email chessdev=>gmail if you are interested.
Thanks!
F490e41cd5de1393a9f6958b70dae6ab?d=identicon&s=25 Frederick Polgardy (Guest)
Is this a free-time volunteer thing?  I'd love to get involved with
that!

-Fred

--
Science answers questions; philosophy questions answers.
F2c683e7dc0c4d4bcc790f87eaa67301?d=identicon&s=25 RobG (Guest)
> Not sure how many of you saw this article
=>http://www.prototypejs.org/2008/5/28/an-interview-...
> but Chess.com is looking for 1 more JavaScript guru to help build out
> Chess.com Live Chess! We need help optimizing the javascript libraries
> we are using, etc. Please email chessdev=>gmail if you are interested.
> Thanks!

"Optimising" a library built on top of Prototype.js and Scriptaculous
is something of a non sequitur.  Why not look at one of the projects
that have already done it, e.g.:

The above version uses about 6k of code.  The original (written in
2002) uses less than 3k (that includes all the logic for the computer
player as well).  Optimised enough for you?  :-)

--
Rob
F490e41cd5de1393a9f6958b70dae6ab?d=identicon&s=25 Frederick Polgardy (Guest)