Forum: IronRuby Asp.Net MVC with IronRuby at TechEd

97253387b80f751690d7eabc55acecf0?d=identicon&s=25 Softmind T. (Guest)

for IronRuby and Asp.Net MVC, I was immediately responded with
Encouraging news from Mr. ScottGu.

I Hope many would like to read this and smile.

This is the Original Blog By Mr. ScottGu.
http://weblogs.asp.net/scottgu/archive/2008/06/01/...

Here's the response by Mr. Scott.

Hi Softmind,

VB.Net (3) IronRuby and (4) IronPython.  I would like to know more about your plans for
supporting this this 2 new languages to VS Express 2008. I personally think, the support
for this two languages will be welcomed by mass developers, who are keen to enter .Net
with their Python and Ruby background.

--SoftMind

I believe we will be showing using ASP.NET MVC with IronRuby and
IronPython later this week at TechEd.  I don't think we've finalized
what the tooling support will be - but you will be able to use these as
language options with ASP.NET.

Hope this helps,

Scott

Hello John,

Can we expect more details of TechEd on your blog next week.

Thanks
John L. (IRONRUBY) (Guest)
Softmind T.:

 > Here's the response by Mr. Scott.
> --SoftMind
>

> Hello John,
>
> Can we expect more details of TechEd on your blog next week.

We have a bunch of work to do to land ASP.NET MVC + IronRuby for my Tech
Ed talk. I'll have a blog post about that likely on the Friday just
before my talk.

Thanks,
-John
Mike M. (Guest)
On Mon, Jun 2, 2008 at 2:39 PM, John L. (IRONRUBY)
<removed_email_address@domain.invalid>
wrote:

> We have a bunch of work to do to land ASP.NET MVC + IronRuby for my Tech
> Ed talk. I'll have a blog post about that likely on the Friday just before
> my talk.

Isn't Tech·Ed this week?

http://www.microsoft.com/events/teched2008/default.mspx

If so, that doesn't seem like alot of time to get the ASP.NET MVC
DLR-aware.
Or is there less to do than I assume?
John L. (IRONRUBY) (Guest)
Mike M.:

> Isn't Tech*Ed this week?
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/events/teched2008/default.mspx
>
> If so, that doesn't seem like alot of time to get the ASP.NET MVC DLR-
> aware. Or is there less to do than I assume?

Yes it is. We hope there is less to do that you would assume :)

-John
8900b2deda31c51dc9ff60312047b328?d=identicon&s=25 Rahil K. (Guest)
on 2008-06-04 07:08
John L. (IRONRUBY) wrote:

> We have a bunch of work to do to land ASP.NET MVC + IronRuby for my Tech
> Ed talk. I'll have a blog post about that likely on the Friday just
> before my talk.
>
> Thanks,
> -John
Hi John,

Do you have any plans to show Asp.Net MVC with Active Record...?

Is it possible to use Active Record/ DataMapper with Asp.Net MVC in
Future...?

Which ORM, you'll be using in the demo....?

Thanks
8900b2deda31c51dc9ff60312047b328?d=identicon&s=25 Rahil K. (Guest)
on 2008-06-07 08:23
John L. (IRONRUBY) wrote:
> We have a bunch of work to do to land ASP.NET MVC + IronRuby for my Tech
> Ed talk. I'll have a blog post about that likely on the Friday just
> before my talk.
>
> Thanks,
> -John

Hi John,