Forum: Captchator What do you think of the current CAPTCHA image style?

3a83969376c805ef5b6042191fdb0ff3?d=identicon&s=25 Andreas S. (andreas)

what do you think of the current CAPTCHA image style (example attached)?
Is it too difficult to read, should it be more OCR-proof, do you have
any other suggestions?

Thanks
Andreas
B411f6e448fc798a6523aaafd2cc3419?d=identicon&s=25 Aman King (amanking)

> what do you think of the current CAPTCHA image style (example attached)?
> Is it too difficult to read, should it be more OCR-proof, do you have
> any other suggestions?

Yes, the current captcha is difficult to read most of the times. Perhaps
a lighter background colour would help.

Perhaps multiple styles could be supported and these could be requested
for using the url itself. Eg urls -
http://captchator.com/captcha/image/normal/123,
http://captchator.com/captcha/image/easy/123,
http://captchator.com/captcha/image/difficult/123, etc
Be9d51c9d13f4f081751b83643981a33?d=identicon&s=25 Vasiliy Ukraine (vasiliy15)
on 2008-10-04 08:45
Aman King wrote:
> Hi,
>
>> what do you think of the current CAPTCHA image style (example attached)?
>> Is it too difficult to read, should it be more OCR-proof, do you have
>> any other suggestions?
>
> Yes, the current captcha is difficult to read most of the times. Perhaps
> a lighter background colour would help.
>
> Perhaps multiple styles could be supported and these could be requested
> for using the url itself. Eg urls -
> http://captchator.com/captcha/image/normal/123,
> http://captchator.com/captcha/image/easy/123,
> http://captchator.com/captcha/image/difficult/123, etc