Forum: Rails-core (closed, excessive spam) rake build_postgres_databases fails on edge... How to use the new schema.rb system?

82e01981fb1270c0a54c544f9af342c5?d=identicon&s=25 johnjdevine@gmail.com (Guest)
The subject pretty much says it all. I'm getting ready to set up an
environment for working on my first patch, and I discovered that the
activerecord/test/schema files have changed, but the Rakefile hasn't
yet been updated.

Is there a simple way to set up the test databases with the new system?
On 29 Apr 2008, at 22:26, johnjdevine@gmail.com wrote:

> The subject pretty much says it all. I'm getting ready to set up an
> environment for working on my first patch, and I discovered that the
> activerecord/test/schema files have changed, but the Rakefile hasn't
> yet been updated.
>
> Is there a simple way to set up the test databases with the new
> system?

Oops, my bad :-)
I'll get a patch in, but until then if you just remove the lines
     %x( psql activerecord_unittest -f #{File.join(SCHEMA_ROOT,
'postgresql.sql')} )
     %x( psql activerecord_unittest2 -f #{File.join(SCHEMA_ROOT,
'postgresql2.sql')} )
Then I think you should be ok

Fred
There were 2 cockups introduced by my rejigging of all that stuff (but
at the end of the day both due to the fact that it didn't cross my
mind to make sure that everything worked when starting from scratch).
I've created a patch to fix this:
http://rails.lighthouseapp.com/projects/8994-ruby-...

Sorry for the breakage.

Fred