Forum: Rails-core (closed, excessive spam) Newbie question on associations

42aaf44bdfa8b711475832141f81e294?d=identicon&s=25 sebaspo (Guest)
Hi All,
I'm having what I think is a really newbie problem. Have a parent
table (technologies) and a child table (positions) in my db, with
foreign key set and all.

class Technology < ActiveRecord::Base
  has_many :positions
end

class Position < ActiveRecord::Base
  belongs_to :technology
end

class TechnologiesController < ApplicationController
  layout "technologies"
    active_scaffold :technology do |config|
    config.actions = [:list, :create, :update, :delete]
    config.actions.exclude :nested

class PositionsController < ApplicationController
  layout "positions"

  active_scaffold :position do |config|
    config.actions = [:create, :update, :list, :show, :delete, :search]
    config.label = "Positions"
    config.columns[:name].label = "Position Title"
    config.list.label = "All Positions"
    config.create.label = "Add New Position"
    config.show.label = "Position Details"

With this conf I can create new positions thru the AS, but no new
technologies. The trail log looks like:

Technology Columns (0.001088)   SHOW FIELDS FROM `technologies`
Rendered technologies/_form_attribute (0.00171)
  Position Columns (0.000790)   SHOW FIELDS FROM `positions`

ActionView::TemplateError (Unknown form_ui `' for column `positions')
on line #7 of vendor/plugins/active_scaffold/frontends/default/views/
_form_attribute.rhtml:

So, I'm understanding that when trying to create a technology, AS is
trying also to bring the form to create a new position. I just want
the technology creation to be isolated from the positions. And when
creating a position, user should be able to pick using a combo which
technology it belongs to.
Simple Master Table example.

Any ideas?
6edd67c92a1dab5eb23fed79f3c18564?d=identicon&s=25 DHH (Guest)
> I'm having what I think is a really newbie problem. Have a parent
> table (technologies) and a child table (positions) in my db, with
> foreign key set and all.

Hi there,

The mailing list you want for these questions is the rubyonrails-talk
list: http://groups.google.com/group/rubyonrails-talk. This list is
reserved for discussing evolving Rails itself. Good luck.