Forum: Ruby on Rails ActionMailer - Setting Header Values - Version Issues

80159acdf89580a20e8e835772b5bf82?d=identicon&s=25 Doug Jolley (ddjolley)
When I first started using Rails, actionmailer set email header values
by assigning values to instance variables within a model method.
There were some specific instance variables such as 'subject', 'from',
etc.  Header values for which there was no specific instance variable
assigned could be set using the @headers hash.  This hash could be
used to set the Reply-To header value.

Somewhere along the line things got changed so that methods were used
to set header values instead of instance variables.  That's the way
things work in the version of Rails that I am currently using
(2.3.8).  Unfortunately, up until now, I have never had the need to
set a Reply-To header in version 2.3.8 of Rails.  That is now what I'm
trying to do.

Unfortunately, the on-line documentation for actionmailer addresses
Rails version 3.0 which uses a different methodology.

So, my question is this:  Can someone please tell me what I need to do
to set the Reply-To header value in version 2.3.8 of Rails?

Thanks for any input.

          ... doug
Bdf1f2ad97e7b9c9db1fa70e3cef48bf?d=identicon&s=25 Bryan Crossland (Guest)
On Fri, Apr 15, 2011 at 11:39 AM, doug <ddjolley@gmail.com> wrote:

> (2.3.8).  Unfortunately, up until now, I have never had the need to

The apidock.com site has the information for all versions so rails. When
you
do a good search it will always show you the latest version of rails
when
the apidock.com is the link. You can click the version numbers at the
top of
the page to see what the same api is for another version. Here is the
link
to ActionMailer::Base for Rails 2.3.8. I think you will find what you
need
there for setting your reply-to header value.

http://apidock.com/rails/v2.3.8/ActionMailer/Base

B.
80159acdf89580a20e8e835772b5bf82?d=identicon&s=25 Doug Jolley (ddjolley)
Perfecto!  Thanks so much.

      ... doug