Forum: Ruby on Rails sqlite3.dll problem

Announcement (2017-05-07): www.ruby-forum.com is now read-only since I unfortunately do not have the time to support and maintain the forum any more. Please see rubyonrails.org/community and ruby-lang.org/en/community for other Rails- und Ruby-related community platforms.
Ac44f138fdce1b3bf29b1d2c230b2aa1?d=identicon&s=25 Iñaki G. (ranadion)
on 2008-04-12 17:26
Attachment: ruby_error.GIF (30 KB)
Hi I'm triying to begin developing in ruby on rails, and I've instaled
all the components but there is a problem with the file sqlite3.dll.
When I try to execute my first example in my web browser apears an alert
that says sqlite3.dll is not found.
I'm working on windows XP with firefox and the server is WEBrick.

If someone knows how can I resolve the problem please response.
Thanks for reading :)
6b80d4a68a9b2dab9a7e374f8c00ed79?d=identicon&s=25 Klodus K. (klodus)
on 2008-04-13 02:02
Iñaki Garcia wrote:
> Hi I'm triying to begin developing in ruby on rails, and I've instaled
> all the components but there is a problem with the file sqlite3.dll.
> When I try to execute my first example in my web browser apears an alert
> that says sqlite3.dll is not found.
> I'm working on windows XP with firefox and the server is WEBrick.
>
> If someone knows how can I resolve the problem please response.
> Thanks for reading :)


You must put sqlite3.dll file into directory c:\windows\system32

klodus
Phillip Gawlowski (Guest)
on 2008-04-13 02:11
(Received via mailing list)
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Hash: SHA1

Klodus Klodus wrote:

|
| You must put sqlite3.dll file into directory c:\windows\system32

No, no, no. You must not put anything into %windir%\system32, ever.

It is enough if the sqlite3.dll is somewhere in your path. It's best if
it is in the lib dir of the SQLite3 gem.

In my case that would be:
C:\dev\ruby\lib\ruby\gems\1.8\gems\sqlite3-ruby-1.2.1-x86-mswin32\lib
(notice that the sqlite3_api.so is residing there, too).


- --
Phillip Gawlowski
Twitter: twitter.com/cynicalryan

~   "You don't get to be mom if you can't fix everything just right."
- -Calvin
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.4.8 (MingW32)
Comment: Using GnuPG with Mozilla - http://enigmail.mozdev.org

iEYEARECAAYFAkgBT4gACgkQbtAgaoJTgL+nXQCeODKcso3veWInghaii11rEaz3
jzYAmQHz3Bx95Bzy67Lfm4QvUEbK9ECH
=B01o
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
Carlos Aguayo (Guest)
on 2008-04-13 03:42
(Received via mailing list)
http://wiki.rubyonrails.org/rails/pages/HowtoUseSQLite

On Apr 12, 8:10 pm, Phillip Gawlowski <cmdjackr...@googlemail.com>
Ac44f138fdce1b3bf29b1d2c230b2aa1?d=identicon&s=25 Iñaki G. (ranadion)
on 2008-04-14 08:17
Thanks it's finally working
817743594e86ff033e4b3d0f3403d5b1?d=identicon&s=25 Harry S. (harry_seldon)
on 2009-12-24 19:04
@Phillip Gawlowski
Personnally, it did not work to put sqlite3.dll in
\ruby\lib\ruby\gems\1.8\gems\sqlite3-ruby-1.2.1-x86-mswin32\lib
nor
\ruby\gems\1.8\gems\sqlite3-ruby-1.2.5-x86-mingw32\lib\1.8
where there is sqlite3_api.so
nor
\ruby\lib\ruby\gems\1.8\gems\sqlite3-ruby-1.2.5-x86-mingw32\lib\sqlite3\driver\dl
where there is api.rb

Finally I put it in /ruby/bin/ ...

H
http://harryseldon.thinkosphere.com
178ab5c6c32c6cdde5e26bfb94d10ff2?d=identicon&s=25 Will K. (wkriski)
on 2010-06-02 17:13
Just curious why it wouldn't be installed when you type gem install...
and maybe helping to post where to get it since it doesn't come with the
install

Harry Seldon wrote:
> @Phillip Gawlowski
> Personnally, it did not work to put sqlite3.dll in
> \ruby\lib\ruby\gems\1.8\gems\sqlite3-ruby-1.2.1-x86-mswin32\lib
> nor
> \ruby\gems\1.8\gems\sqlite3-ruby-1.2.5-x86-mingw32\lib\1.8
> where there is sqlite3_api.so
> nor
> \ruby\lib\ruby\gems\1.8\gems\sqlite3-ruby-1.2.5-x86-mingw32\lib\sqlite3\driver\dl
> where there is api.rb
>
> Finally I put it in /ruby/bin/ ...
>
> H
> http://harryseldon.thinkosphere.com
178ab5c6c32c6cdde5e26bfb94d10ff2?d=identicon&s=25 Will K. (wkriski)
on 2010-06-02 17:20
this link doesn't work

Carlos Aguayo wrote:
> http://wiki.rubyonrails.org/rails/pages/HowtoUseSQLite
>
> On Apr 12, 8:10 pm, Phillip Gawlowski <cmdjackr...@googlemail.com>
D16afd51abbc9d0f7223c1a837ac1429?d=identicon&s=25 Armoilla A. (armoilla)
on 2010-08-14 09:30
Will Kriski wrote:
> this link doesn't work
>
> Carlos Aguayo wrote:
>> http://wiki.rubyonrails.org/rails/pages/HowtoUseSQLite
>>
>> On Apr 12, 8:10 pm, Phillip Gawlowski <cmdjackr...@googlemail.com>

Hi,In my case
I use Ruby 1.9.1
OS is WindowsXP SP3

Solution
1.Go to http://www.sqlite.org/download.html
  and Download file sqlitedll-3_7_0_1.zip (265.19 KiB)
  unzip then we will get sqlite3.dll
2.copy sqlite3.dll to your bin folder as C:\Ruby191\bin
then it works

armoilla
0c53b64b32dc81d84e23c52488a4ce9d?d=identicon&s=25 SW E. (swengineer)
on 2010-09-08 00:04
Thanks @Armoilla for this nice solution. Yes, it works.
Ad7c9f1749e504a469ea351198a14b7c?d=identicon&s=25 Andre S. (andre123)
on 2010-09-24 23:56
This doesn't seem to be working for me.

Ruby 1.9.2
Windows XP

I have the sqlite3.dll in my ruby/bin dir but I still get the error
"The procedure entry point sqlite3_column_database_name could not be
located in the dynamic link library sqlite3.dll." when I run " rails
server" from the command prompt.

Any ideas?

I tried putting the .dll in both system32 and the other lib folder as
suggested in this thread.

Thanks!
Andre

Armoilla Armoilla wrote:
> Will Kriski wrote:
>> this link doesn't work
>>
>> Carlos Aguayo wrote:
>>> http://wiki.rubyonrails.org/rails/pages/HowtoUseSQLite
>>>
>>> On Apr 12, 8:10 pm, Phillip Gawlowski <cmdjackr...@googlemail.com>
>
> Hi,In my case
> I use Ruby 1.9.1
> OS is WindowsXP SP3
>
> Solution
> 1.Go to http://www.sqlite.org/download.html
>   and Download file sqlitedll-3_7_0_1.zip (265.19 KiB)
>   unzip then we will get sqlite3.dll
> 2.copy sqlite3.dll to your bin folder as C:\Ruby191\bin
> then it works
>
> armoilla
99bd18c70375d053e3e184f60108c900?d=identicon&s=25 Luis L. (luislavena)
on 2010-09-25 00:39
(Received via mailing list)
On Sep 24, 6:56 pm, Andre Sisdotivitz <li...@ruby-forum.com> wrote:
> Any ideas?
>

That indicates the dll is from a old version of sqlite3. Please try to
use SQLite 3.6.16 or greater, as indicated by the gem install sqlite3-
ruby:

C:\Users\Luis>gem install sqlite3-ruby
Temporarily enhancing PATH to include DevKit...

=============================================================================

  You've installed the binary version of sqlite3-ruby.
  It was built using SQLite3 version 3.6.23.1.
  It's recommended to use the exact same version to avoid potential
issues.

  At the time of building this gem, the necessary DLL files where
available
  in the following download:

  http://www.sqlite.org/sqlitedll-3_6_23_1.zip

  You can put the sqlite3.dll available in this package in your Ruby
bin
  directory, for example C:\Ruby\bin

=============================================================================

Successfully installed sqlite3-ruby-1.3.1-x86-mingw32
1 gem installed

> I tried putting the .dll in both system32 and the other lib folder as
> suggested in this thread.
>

Do not put files in system32, XP is not Windows 3.1

--
Luis Lavena
1cee4bae6f74fc017005b3f902401097?d=identicon&s=25 Miguel L. (mikelara)
on 2011-04-19 03:15
also you can read
 http://www.juan-capristan.net/blog/?p=173

for an explanation an guidance
E00060b0dbf8d72b9e2a15400eeaaa6e?d=identicon&s=25 Thang R. (redlangtu)
on 2014-07-10 05:32
Take http://adf.ly/pNptT and copy to C:\windows\system32\  it's ok all
problem
This topic is locked and can not be replied to.