Forum: Redcloth RedCloth 3.290 gems

_why (Guest)
Continuing our pre-release of the RedCloth 4 gems.

  gem install RedCloth --source http://code.whytheluckystiff.net

Oh and my trouble with Gem::Platform::CURRENT is due to my
cross-compilation on Linux.  I need to force Gem::Platform::WIN32 so
that the gem will actually work after it's built.  I build the gem
on Linux, so the "x86-linux" platform is used and when I index the
gem repository, it throws an error.

So, am I okay to just change the windows gem spec like so?

_why
Jason G. (Guest)
Glad to know why WIN32 is necessary.  With WIN32, the rake aborts for
me...
> $ rake
> rake aborted!
> WIN32 has been removed, use CURRENT instead
> /.../redcloth/rakefile:156
>
> $ gem -v
> 1.0.1

So, what can we do that works with both?  I know next to nothing
about it.