Forum: Nitro Running Og specs for darcs repo

Ff9e18f0699bf079f1fc91c8d4506438?d=identicon&s=25 James Britt (Guest)
I've been trying to run the specs for Og in the darcs repo

When I execute

   rake test:og

it tells me there are 0 specs, though the various spec files clearly
have tests defined.

But it also gives me repeated errors for

/home/james/data/vendor/repo.nitroproject.org/og/test/og/../helper.rb:91:
uninitialized constant Spec::DSL (NameError)

which I think is making rspec skip attempting to run the tests.

How do I run the specs without getting that error?

I have  rspec-1.1.3 installed as a gem, and did a darcs pull earlier
today for the nitro source

Thanks.

--
James Britt

"I must create a system, or be enslaved by another man's;
I will not reason and compare; my business is to create."
  - William Blake
45196398e9685000d195ec626d477f0e?d=identicon&s=25 Trans (Guest)

> /home/james/data/vendor/repo.nitroproject.org/og/test/og/../helper.rb:91:
> uninitialized constant Spec::DSL (NameError)
>
> which I think is making rspec skip attempting to run the tests.
>
> How do I run the specs without getting that error?
>
> I have  rspec-1.1.3 installed as a gem, and did a darcs pull earlier
> today for the nitro source

First off you probably want to read this:

  http://blog.gmosx.com/2008/02/nitro-reloaded.html

My hope is to revitalize Nitro/Og by making them true community
projects.

Secondly, I'm slowly working on at least getting 0.50 released in
working order --which is why I posted the First Comes Og thread.
Please checkout the SVN repo here:

  http://rubyforge.org/scm/?group_id=5023

And run 'ruby task/test' --and watch all the pretty errors ;) This is
far as I've gotten, but at least it's churning through the specs.

If you have any time to contribute to getting these tests passing
(please please), let me know and I'll add you as a project developer.

T.
Trans wrote:

> First off you probably want to read this:
>
>   http://blog.gmosx.com/2008/02/nitro-reloaded.html

Wow.  I missed seeing that earlier.

Too bad; while I've become a fan of Ramaze, I do like the Nitro idea of
transformation pipelines.  And of course I still use Og.

However, Nitro by way of Rhino (if I'm interpreting that post correctly)
sounds kick-ass.

> My hope is to revitalize Nitro/Og by making them true community
> projects.

If George is moving over to N2, why not join in with Ramaze?

> Secondly, I'm slowly working on at least getting 0.50 released in
> working order --which is why I posted the First Comes Og thread.
> Please checkout the SVN repo here:
>
>   http://rubyforge.org/scm/?group_id=5023

I did that ...

> And run 'ruby task/test' --and watch all the pretty errors ;) This is
> far as I've gotten, but at least it's churning through the specs.

So much red!

:)

> If you have any time to contribute to getting these tests passing
> (please please), let me know and I'll add you as a project developer.

I have to confess to purely selfish interest here.  I was trying to see
how to write specs for a new project that is using Og, and figured I
could glom examples from either Nitro or ogden.

I think any patches would be predicated on my fixing things that I need
to have work for me.

But I'll take a look.

--
James Britt

"People want simple stories."
7a4e995e378ef66de0ceaea5e1381ee1?d=identicon&s=25 George Moschovitis (Guest)

> However, Nitro by way of Rhino (if I'm interpreting that post correctly)
> sounds kick-ass.

You are interpreting this correctly. However, the design decisions and
trade-offs will be considerably different this time.
More functional flavor, much much simpler, REST compliant. I will try to
embrace the nature of the Web (and the underlying protocols)
instead of trying to enforce a desktop-application like developer
mindset.
You can expect a first release by the end of this month, and
a series of related articles on my Blog before that.

BTW, I will continue using the Ruby version of Nitro daily for the
foreseable future and provide updates to the Repo.

-g.
George Moschovitis wrote:
> a series of related articles on my Blog before that.
Looking forward to it.