Forum: GNU Radio OSX audio source issue with higher sample rates

update lee (Guest)
I just picked up a Funcube Dongle, its a USB audio device with a fixed
sample rate of 96000. Im getting errors though when trying to access it
using audio source, I set the samp_rate to 96000 but am getting errors

AudioUnitRender
  Error# -10863 ('AudioUnitRender
  Error# -10863 ('
  osx/audio_osx_source.cc:791

Ive noticed that I can use the LineIn upto 44100 (using Audio MIDI
Setup)
then I get the same errors, the FCD has a fixed sample rate so I dont
have
the option of using something smaller. Setting the sample rate in
gnuradio
doesnt seem to set the sample rate of the input as I would have thought,
it
just needs to be set to match whatever the input is currently set to
already.

I know the device is working fine in OSX as I can use audacity to record
sample and save to WAV, then use a WAV source in gnuradio to playback
the
sample without issue.

Im using the latest git master branch of gnuradio. Im using 10.6.7 on my
macbook.

Chris Lee
VE6UDL
Alexandru Csete (Guest)
On Thu, Apr 7, 2011 at 5:51 AM, update lee <updatelee@gmail.com> wrote:
> then I get the same errors, the FCD has a fixed sample rate so I dont have
> macbook.

This is happening to me too on OSX 10.6.8 and it seems that this issue
has been around for some time
http://www.mail-archive.com/discuss-gnuradio@gnu.o...

The dial_tone.cc example seems to works fine when set to 96kHz.

I'm using gnuradio-core and gr-audio v3.4.0-113-gc491449c built
without macports or any other ports.

Alex