Forum: Ruby on Rails conditional periodically_call_remote

3cd3cfe5231edb4639a0fa5ee1144a46?d=identicon&s=25 cole (Guest)
Is there a way to only run periodically_call_remote when a condition is
true? I essentially want the ability to start and top
periodically_call_remote, based on a user initiated action.

Thanks,
John
D8cb8c8cd40ddf0cd05241443a591868?d=identicon&s=25 duane.johnson (Guest)
On Nov 9, 2005, at 9:45 AM, John Cole wrote:

> Is there a way to only run periodically_call_remote when a
> condition is true? I essentially want the ability to start and top
> periodically_call_remote, based on a user initiated action.
>
> Thanks,
> John

Hi John,

I don't know how to accomplish this, but I've seen a lot of prototype
and javascript gurus hanging out on the rails-spinoffs mailing list.
Have you checked there?

Duane Johnson
(canadaduane)
Duane Johnson wrote:

> Hi John,
> Rails mailing list
> Rails@lists.rubyonrails.org

Duane,

Thanks for the pointer will head on over and have a look.

John