Forum: Radiant CMS Need help integrating wymeditor extension with radiant

61c2e937e608b1a57b6c7f9468a9455c?d=identicon&s=25 jsmorris (Guest)
I am trying to use the wymeditor extension with radiant 0.6.4 but
having only partial luck.  I have all the extensions that came with
radiant and then shards, page attachments, and then wymeditor.

The wymeditor works on the snippets but it does not work on the pages.
 When I edit a snippet, I see the editor and am able to use it.
However, when I go to edit a page, select the wymeditor filter, I just
get the same old text box.  There is not reference to any of the
javascript files on the view source page.  I have ran the rake
install.  I don't seem any errors or warnings.  It acts like it is not
injecting the partials using the shard regions.

I am looking for any help to troubleshoot this problem.

I have attempted to look through the code, but nothing seems out of
place.  The only strange thing I noticed was that the wymeditor
extension has a edit.rhtml under the path
vendor/extensions/wym_editor_filter/app/views/admin/snippet but
doesn't have one for the pages.  If I remove that edit.rhtml, the
snippet editing stops working.  Do I need to have an edit.rhtml under
the vendor/extensions/wym_editor_filter/app/views/admin/page?  This
doesn't seem right.  I thought this extension would just extend the
edit pages, not replace them.

I am running on OS X 10.4, ruby 1.8.5 (2006-08-25) [i686-darwin8.8.1],
rails 1.2.6.

Thanks,
Jason
D8768fc227b414c047040bc3fe154a2b?d=identicon&s=25 Benny Degezelle (jomz)
on 2008-02-25 13:10
Hi Jason,

I believe the problem lies with shards not loading properly.
have a look at vendor/extensions/shards/app/views/page. Are those .rhtml
or .html.erb files? If you're still on 0.6.4, you need .rhtml files..

Regards,

Benny

jsmorris wrote:

> The wymeditor works on the snippets but it does not work on the pages.
>  When I edit a snippet, I see the editor and am able to use it.
> However, when I go to edit a page, select the wymeditor filter, I just
> get the same old text box.  There is not reference to any of the
> javascript files on the view source page.  I have ran the rake
> install.  I don't seem any errors or warnings.  It acts like it is not
> injecting the partials using the shard regions.
61c2e937e608b1a57b6c7f9468a9455c?d=identicon&s=25 jsmorris (Guest)
Thanks Benny.

I had already hit that hurdle and changed it just like you suggested.
I am also using page_attachments which also requires shards and that
works.

Do you have any other ideas?

On Mon, Feb 25, 2008 at 5:10 AM, Benny Degezelle
D8768fc227b414c047040bc3fe154a2b?d=identicon&s=25 Benny Degezelle (jomz)
on 2008-02-26 15:24
As far as i know, page_attachments does not use shards.
I'm still quite sure that this is a shards issue instead of a WYM filter
issue, since the editor works fine for snippets.

Do you load shards before your other extensions (as in config.extensions
order)?

jsmorris wrote:
> Thanks Benny.
>
> I had already hit that hurdle and changed it just like you suggested.
> I am also using page_attachments which also requires shards and that
> works.
>
> Do you have any other ideas?
D29c53311c32eb408aaba2e5ae55d161?d=identicon&s=25 Christopher Dwan (Guest)
Hi folks,

I've built a simple extension to manage artwork for an artist. It uses
attachment_fu in much the same way that page_attachments does.
Unfortunately, so far I've had to make it so that the user has to save
the record before adding attachments to it, because I the after_save
callback doesn't fire on create.

I've looked at page_attachments for a while and see no differences,
except that it extends the Page model which is not loaded as an
extension. It makes me wonder if sometime during the loading of
extensions the after_save gets broken?  I haven't been able to figure
it out yet.

Any chance someone can shed some light on this...?

-C
E628869c6e960a509a1c26f9dcedae77?d=identicon&s=25 sir ziggles (ziggles)
on 2009-04-21 07:45
Benny/ jsmorris

Do you guys know of a way to get around this issue?  Seeing it on 0.7.1
and shards is part of core (since 0.6.7 i think).

thanks