Forum: Ruby on Rails Best image processing gem

88121bbaff086ad61f10eaad843385b2?d=identicon&s=25 Lily ^_^ (lilyweb)
on 2011-04-03 04:09
Hello,

I need some help to find the gem that suits best my project.

I'm developping a gallery for my website. I upload images through the
backend, and the images are displayed as thumbnails alltogether on the
same page. Then I use Lightbox to show them enlarged.

I would like to physically resized the images down to thumbnails when
they are uploaded in order to save bandwith on the thumbnails page.
I searched for a gem but I'm not sure what to use.

RMAgick seems quite popular but github page says it's not maintained
anymore.
Paperclip seems just too big for the simple task I want to perform.
I also found ImageScience, which I consider using.

Which one would you advice ? Is there another one ?

I really only need to perform an image resize, and performance are not
really an issue since the only person to upload images will be me.

I am using Ruby 1.8.7 and Rails 2.3.5. Production server OS is linux.

(Apologizes for any mispellings, English is not my mother tongue)
Ae5bdf7f64126e845d0a06c734af42fc?d=identicon&s=25 Carina Brito (Guest)
I'd like dragonfly. I were used it about 3 weeks ago. Dragonfly run with
rmagick and i thought is better than rmagick, and this performace is
good

2011/4/2 Lily ^_^ <lists@ruby-forum.com>

> I searched for a gem but I'm not sure what to use.

> rubyonrails-talk+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
> For more options, visit this group at

Carina Brito Silva
http://twitter.com/carinabs8
http://carinabs8.wordpress.com/
"...Estou disposto a demolir paredes,contruir pontes e acender
fogueiras.
Tenho uma grande experincia,um monte de energia,um pouco dessa coisa de
'viso' e no tenho medo de comear do zero."-Steve Jobs
Ae5bdf7f64126e845d0a06c734af42fc?d=identicon&s=25 Carina Brito (Guest)
execuse me!. I forgot this page..

https://github.com/markevans/dragonfly/

look for how use together your ruby gem =^.^=

--
Carina Brito Silva
http://twitter.com/carinabs8
http://carinabs8.wordpress.com/
"...Estou disposto a demolir paredes,contruir pontes e acender
fogueiras.
Tenho uma grande experincia,um monte de energia,um pouco dessa coisa de
'viso' e no tenho medo de comear do zero."-Steve Jobs
Existing account

No account? Register here.