Forum: Typo Installation typo6.0.4 failed on Ruby 1.9.2 and rails3.0.5

201d1c8eb8d309ad1a1ded2be503d282?d=identicon&s=25 ken wang (kenera)
I installed the sqlite3,and also copied the sqlite dll to ruby's bin
dir. Anyone can tell me what's wrong with my opeoration?
1 When using the default database.yml, and change the password to my
local paasword.
When exec bundle install, mysql 2.8.1 is installed.
Then exec rake RAILS_ENV=production db:create, return already exists as
ECHO1 in attachs:

2 I changed the configuration of database and gemfile. Replace all the
mysql to mysql2.
When exec bundle istall, it using the mysql2 (0.2.6)
When exec rake RAILS_ENV=production db:migrate, returns as ECHO2 in
attachs:

3 when change the database config as follows:
production:
  adapter: mysql2
  encoding: utf8
  database: typo
  pool: 5
  username: root
  password: '123456'

development:
  adapter: mysql2
  encoding: utf8
  database: typo_dev
  pool: 5
  username: root
  password: '123456''

rake RAILS_ENV=production db:create is successful
rake RAILS_ENV=production db:migrate failed in the executing. As ECHO3
in attachs::
8f6b8e99f52f0928287b01a006950f52?d=identicon&s=25 Matijs van Zuijlen (mvz)
Hi Ken,

On 03/24/2011 02:48 AM, ken wang wrote:
> I installed the sqlite3,and also copied the sqlite dll to ruby's bin
> dir. Anyone can tell me what's wrong with my opeoration?
> 1 When using the default database.yml, and change the password to my
> local paasword.
> When exec bundle install, mysql 2.8.1 is installed.
> Then exec rake RAILS_ENV=production db:create, return already exists as
> ECHO1 in attachs:

If you want to use sqlite3, you have to also set the adapter to sqlite3
in the
database.yml. Since you didn't do that, bundler will install mysql for
you.

Segmentation faults in Ruby are really outside the scope of Typo. You
may have
better luck contacting a mailing list related to the mingw distribution
of Ruby
you're using.

> 2 I changed the configuration of database and gemfile. Replace all the
> mysql to mysql2.
> When exec bundle istall, it using the mysql2 (0.2.6)
> When exec rake RAILS_ENV=production db:migrate, returns as ECHO2 in
> attachs:

This looks more promising ...

>    adapter: mysql2
>    encoding: utf8
>    database: typo_dev
>    pool: 5
>    username: root
>    password: '123456''
>
> rake RAILS_ENV=production db:create is successful
> rake RAILS_ENV=production db:migrate failed in the executing. As ECHO3
> in attachs::

Now this is interesting :-). It seems this fails with Ruby 1.9.2,
whereas it
works fine with Ruby 1.8.7.

I've made a patch that fixes this error (see attachment). You will have
re-create the database, so do a db:drop, db:create, db:migrate.

I will commit this patch to github as well.

> Attachments:
> http://www.ruby-forum.com/attachment/6069/typo_failed.txt

Regards,